Dish is forcing banner ads on premium channels.

I don't feel it is a big deal, I DO think these forums are a place to discuss the issue, aside from directly contacting Dish.

I'm not sure how I feel about these promo banners. On one hand I agree that it's only a few seconds that it's flashed up there, but on the other hand, we're paying a premium for those channels as it is, so should we subjected to more advertising? Even if it's just from Dish? Can it be compared to becoming a member of this forum. We pay to become a member and to be able to view the site without ads. But what if each time we went to a different thread, a 3 second ad popped up promoting SonicBabble.com?

Also I think back to the logo bug that was started a few years ago. At first it was just a small icon in the corner of the screen, but now, on many programs, that "bug" has turn into a good portion of the lower part of your screen taken up with ads for up coming shows. Which is very annoying.
Ghpr13:popcorn

Ya U guys right I have everything pak ,is kinda annoying see that every F*N time I watching premium channels !!
It was ok banner was for few days "Promotion" , NOT damn all the timess!!!!!!!!!!
And everyone know these days we can watch or do a lots S. on INTERNET
But we are perfer watching TV now!

I know everyone is different, but the new banner is no big deal for me. It goes away at the same time as the program banner that has always been there, and it only lasts a couple of seconds.

I am far more bothered by the channel logos and the endless stream of advertising that scrolls across the screen for almost every show on TV. Now that is annoying! Those things stay on the screen for the whole show (except during commercials, which is even more annoying).

Well if the idea of an advertisement, which the banner is for, is to call attention to a product or service, it sure is doing its job. Just look at the lenght of this thread. Lol

Well if the idea of an advertisement, which the banner is for, is to call attention to a product or service, it sure is doing its job. Just look at the lenght of this thread. Lol

Unfortunately its getting people to notice how ANNOYING the banners are and it is generating lots of complaints to DISH . I don't think that is the reaction DISH wanted.

Unfortunately its getting people to notice how ANNOYING the banners are and it is generating lots of complaints to DISH . I don't think that is the reaction DISH wanted.

actually it is getting a few complaints here, which is not proof that Dish is getting a lot of complaints there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts