OTA module and Sling adapter

johnissoevil

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 4, 2011
Erie, PA
As mentioned in previous threads, I'm using an MT2 OTA module to receive local channels on my VIP722k receiver. I've ordered the Sling adapter, and I have one question. Does the Sling adapter also pick up the OTA channels to watch remotely? Thanks in advance.

Yes on the 722k, but not on the 722. (No OTA tuner available, even for scheduling recordings, from TV2.)

Actually with a little finagling, it does. While you can't watch your ota's live on the 722, you can set them up to record on the dvr. You can then watch what you've recorded on the dvr. Even if it's only a few seconds delay.
In my case, I can receive a 2nd cities ota channels (Syracuse, NY) in addition to my dma of Rochester. The Syracuse ota channels show up in the guide on my sling adapter and I can program to record and then I can watch programing from them via the dvr function.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes, while we can't schedule an OTA recording on a 722 from TV2 :cry: we can do so from TV1 or from the DRA interface.

My receiver is a 722k, and both TVs are receiving the OTA channels live through the receiver. I've had success scheduling OTA recordings from both TVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts