DISH is making life easier for RV'ers changing locals!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The locals at home would also change. You might want to switch as many of those timers as possible to the OTA feeds. Or, you could leave the locals alone so your timers still record on the Hopper 3, and use OTA in Phoenix instead. In that case, you might want to upgrade the ViP211z to a Wally so you can use the dual-tuner OTA dongle in the RV.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the answer!! So I assume if my traveling local's spotbeam did not cover my home Hopper 3 it would have no locals at all (not that I'd be home to notice it anyway...) I bought the 211z because I never could get proof that the Wally would work if less than all three satellites were in view - an early problem widely reported here.

Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the answer!! So I assume if my traveling local's spotbeam did not cover my home Hopper 3 it would have no locals at all (not that I'd be home to notice it anyway...) I bought the 211z because I never could get proof that the Wally would work if less than all three satellites were in view - an early problem widely reported here.
I hope that's not true because I plan on buying a couple of the Wally receivers for my RV and the mobile dish only picks up one satellite at a time.
Have you considered getting an OTA Tivo or Tablo for either your home or RV? This would solve your OTA recoding problems.

A fix was released for that. I have no idea if it actually worked, since I have not tried it, but I have not seen any recent complaints about that issue.

I hope that's not true because I plan on buying a couple of the Wally receivers for my RV and the mobile dish only picks up one satellite at a time.
Have you considered getting an OTA Tivo or Tablo for either your home or RV? This would solve your OTA recoding problems.

Only if you use multiple receivers. If you use 1 receiver you should pick up all 3 satellites, especially with Dish being KU BAND

Well, I'm about to add to the confusion by quoting from another thread from weeks ago.

It looks like we have NYDutch to thank for making this all possible:

The survey is legit according to Dish, and it asks no personal information or misleading questions. It took me all of 5 minutes to complete, including a suggestion in the remarks at the end that qualified RV'ers and truckers be allowed to make service address changes via their MyDish account online or on the app instead of contacting customer service each time. I'm not holding my breath though...

:D

Well, I'm about to add to the confusion by quoting from another thread from weeks ago.

It looks like we have NYDutch to thank for making this all possible:

:D

I know quite a few other RV'ers have asked for the feature as well, so I can't take all the credit... Now I'm hoping Dish will also add the feature to the web version of MyDish, since I prefer the full size keyboard on my laptop over fat fingering my phone's keyboard. In the meantime as a work around, I've installed the MyDish app on an Android emulator that I installed a couple of years ago to run my favorite e-reader on my laptop.

Reactions: pattykay
You have to mail in a copy of your rv or semi registration every year to have an outdoor account.

Yep, as Kevin said, that's only for the Distant Networks. I've had Dish for my RV for about 10 years so far, and I've never been asked for a copy of my registration. The "Outdoors" feature just appeared in my MyDish account without any notice or input from me.

I think the "Outdoors" appeared because it is part of the menu. If you follow it, it is generic and has no features and in fact gives a link to get the "Outdoors TV" account. Having been a subscriber for 12 years, that was long before there was a "Outdoors TV" so there in nothing to trigger that being added to my account. And we were registered as an RV during the periods we used Dish DNS.

This "Outdoors TV" seems to have ignored full-time users and yet, we all got the Outdoor TV email questionnaire.

It is sad that Dish is more active for its part-time users than its full-time users. If this was a test, you think the full-time users would have been a better group to test with. I think this is just a Dish screw up.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts