DISH is making life easier for RV'ers changing locals!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the "Outdoors" appeared because it is part of the menu. If you follow it, it is generic and has no features and in fact gives a link to get the "Outdoors TV" account. Having been a subscriber for 12 years, that was long before there was a "Outdoors TV" so there in nothing to trigger that being added to my account. And we were registered as an RV during the periods we used Dish DNS.

This "Outdoors TV" seems to have ignored full-time users and yet, we all got the Outdoor TV email questionnaire.

It is sad that Dish is more active for its part-time users than its full-time users. If this was a test, you think the full-time users would have been a better group to test with. I think this is just a Dish screw up.

Will you please PM me your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can review your account?

I was pretty sure that my account was already flagged that way. At least, that is what I was told by a DIRT member in a conversation once. I should probably check with MattG to see if my account is still flagged that way, though. I tried logging into my mydish account, and I did not see the "Manage Locals" option under Dish Outdoors, which is why I asked the question about whether we are supposed to be able to do that through the website.
Okay, I went back through my Conversations, and I couldn't find it. So, I guess it wasn't a DIRT member who told me that, but an online chat agent instead. So, take it with a huge grain of salt. :D

Well I have been informed that I have an Outdoors TV Account but because I have a Hopper, I cannot use the MyDish.com App to change my Service Address. Dish just astounds me in their thinking at times.

Reactions: pattykay
Well I have been informed that I have an Outdoors TV Account but because I have a Hopper, I cannot use the MyDish.com App to change my Service Address. Dish just astounds me in their thinking at times.
I suppose an account with a single ViP211k would qualify, though. I am still waiting on confirmation on this from MattG, though.

So you can't use the "Outdoor TV" features in the app because you have a "home receiver" but you can and do have a home receiver on an outdoor account which, apparently, doesn't enable the outdoor TV features in the app. So, what's the point of the outdoor account?

Reactions: pattykay
So you can't use the "Outdoor TV" features in the app because you have a "home receiver" but you can and do have a home receiver on an outdoor account which, apparently, doesn't enable the outdoor TV features in the app. So, what's the point of the outdoor account?
Furthermore, I asked MattG what the procedure is for converting an existing account to a Dish Outdoors account, and I still have not gotten a reply. :(

Dutch has the App featured enabled with his two Hoppers, but maybe it's because he owns them.

I'm sure there's software involved in this, and as a former software developer I'm pretty certain it's not as simple as checking a box.

We seem to be getting mixed signals from Dish on the new app feature. Someone posted on another forum that they were told only folks with a "Pay-As-You-Go" Flex account currently can use the app locals feature. That does include me, so maybe there's some truth to it. They were also told that the feature would eventually be extended to all Outdoor accounts, although no time frame was given.

Well that makes sense, make a feature available to people with part-time accounts and not to people with full-time accounts.

Like in high school, some girls make it real hard to love them.

Reactions: Bobby

I spoke with several CSRs, and was told to download the "Dish App" on my smartphone. The "Dish App" did not let me manage locals, and the last CSR told me what Brussam was told. I have a Hopper 3, a Joey, and and a ViP211z. My account is flagged 'outdoor". This whole thing makes little sense to me.

Well that makes sense, make a feature available to people with part-time accounts and not to people with full-time accounts.

Well, our PAYGO service is never shut off now, but I suppose the fact that we can apparently qualifies us for the feature.

Like in high school, some girls make it real hard to love them.

Not all of them fortunately... The girl I met in high school and fell in love with will celebrate our 54th anniversary with me in June. :bday

Furthermore, I asked MattG what the procedure is for converting an existing account to a Dish Outdoors account, and I still have not gotten a reply. :(
Matt G. from DIRT sent me this:

"I have added this tag for you. Note that you do not subscribe to locals. If you did, and tried to change what you receive, this would be based on the location of the equipment and not an address you give."

So, apparently, if your account is not properly tagged as an Outdoor account, any DIRT member can add this tag for you. This reply may also explain why the feature is only available through the app, since it must use the GPS in your phone, as others here speculated.

Matt G. from DIRT sent me this:

"I have added this tag for you. Note that you do not subscribe to locals. If you did, and tried to change what you receive, this would be based on the location of the equipment and not an address you give."

So, apparently, if your account is not properly tagged as an Outdoor account, any DIRT member can add this tag for you. This reply may also explain why the feature is only available through the app, since it must use the GPS in your phone, as others here speculated.

Hmmm... "If you did, and tried to change what you receive, this would be based on the location of the equipment and not an address you give."
I think in reality that should actually be "based on the location of your phone and not an address you give."

Hmmm... "If you did, and tried to change what you receive, this would be based on the location of the equipment and not an address you give."
I think in reality that should actually be "based on the location of your phone and not an address you give."
That is the way I interpreted it. Otherwise, it would not make sense, since if your receivers are not connected to the internet, then Dish would have no way of knowing where the equipment is. I think in this quote, "equipment" is being used as a broader term for a phone, tablet, etc.

Reactions: Tampa8
That is the way I interpreted it. Otherwise, it would not make sense, since if your receivers are not connected to the internet, then Dish would have no way of knowing where the equipment is. I think in this quote, "equipment" is being used as a broader term for a phone, tablet, etc.

Yes that's one thing. I was alluding to something else also in making the distinction... :devilish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)