Dish just lost a customer

That reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He demanded a pay raise or he would quit. They didn't wait. He was let go immediately.

That reminds me of our production manager asking for a raise or he will resign. Next day they came back and accepted his resignation.

That probably would have worked. However thats committing fraud on DISH Network by getting a new customer promotion for an existing customer. I wouldn't advise doing something like that.

With most paid providers, after 90 days you are considered a new customer. I do not know about dish net though.

It's the same with Dish now. After 90 days without Dish and if your account was left in good standing you qualify as a new customer.

It's the same with Dish now. After 90 days without Dish and if your account was left in good standing you qualify as a new customer.

I remember a time when it was one promo per customer per life, nice to see that it is the way it is now.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys sweet app.

I remember a time when it was one promo per customer per life, nice to see that it is the way it is now.
Me too. I thought it was very cool when they lowered it to six months. This current 90 day rule is a piece of cake to wait out. Just have cableco hook you up with their promo rate for three months (most cablecos still have a no-contract promo rate, although not as good as contract rate). Then, back to Dish with their new customer rate.

That new Comcast Xfinity X1 system, or whatever it's called, is actually pretty darn cool. The 90 days should fly by.

A lot of people have been "cutting the cord", and moving to OTA plus Netflix, Hulu, and/or Amazon Prime. A comparable Dish variation would be Welcome/Smart pack plus Netflix/Hulu/Amzn, which would provide some additional channels.

If HBO and SHO were smart, they'd start selling subscriptions to their streaming services, directly to customers, cutting out the carrier/middlemen.

And maintain margin, while lowering the price to the customer if they charge the same price as they charge the carrier (i.e. wholesale). If they charge what the carriers charge (retail) they have additional margin to help pay for infrastructure.

Unfortunately, this ticks off 2 important groups that are purchases of their services, the carriers who resell the product and the ISPs whose customers would use more bandwidth. Quite often this is the same company.

IMO, it would be a risky move.

And maintain margin, while lowering the price to the customer if they charge the same price as they charge the carrier (i.e. wholesale). If they charge what the carriers charge (retail) they have additional margin to help pay for infrastructure.

Unfortunately, this ticks off 2 important groups that are purchases of their services, the carriers who resell the product and the ISPs whose customers would use more bandwidth. Quite often this is the same company.

IMO, it would be a risky move.
There will come a point when they will have no choice but to do it. And, that point may not be too far in the future.

There will come a point when they will have no choice but to do it. And, that point may not be too far in the future.

We're both in agreement, I just made my point poorly. The question is when will the content providers feel that the rewards outweigh the risk to make this move.

My guess, 2014.

So now for the latest update. I wasn't home for the install, so my wife was in charge. A couple things I noticed with the install that I'm not too pleased about. First, the way she (the installer was a girl) ran the line into my "man cave" is a bit strange, and also possibly a code violation. She dropped from the attic into the garage, then went through the wall from the garage into the house. Not sure why she didn't just run the cable down the inside of the wall and then into the room. Anyone? I'm pretty sure punching an opening between the garage and inside of the house is not allowed. We have a gas water heater and furnace out there too.

2013-01-06 16.40.50.jpg

The other issue is the utility box, which I noticed yesterday when grabbing the garbage cans from the side of the house, is wide open and the wiring is a total mess. This is unacceptable. I'm assuming the box popped open on its own because she stuff everything in there without properly routing/mounting everything inside. I can't even close it, it's a complete mess.

2013-01-06 16.40.22.jpg

Does Dish still contract the installations out to 3rd party installers, or is it all in-house now? I'm going to call them this afternoon and see if they will send out a more experienced installer to fix this mess.

I would not accept that as well, and the first picture for sure would piss me off about having two holes drilled where it's an eye sore. I'd call the installer company back and ask to have it fixed at their expense.

I would not accept that as well, and the first picture for sure would piss me off about having two holes drilled where it's an eye sore. I'd call the installer company back and ask to have it fixed at their expense.
X2 My wife would have run somebody off for that down the wall crap.:mad:

X2 My wife would have run somebody off for that down the wall crap.:mad:

My wife is 36 weeks pregnant and let's just say her brain isn't firing on all cylinders. Plus the installer was a girl and freshly out of the army, so I think my wife was probably trying to be extra nice to her.

So now for the latest update. I wasn't home for the install, so my wife was in charge. A couple things I noticed with the install that I'm not too pleased about. First, the way she (the installer was a girl) ran the line into my "man cave" is a bit strange, and also possibly a code violation. She dropped from the attic into the garage, then went through the wall from the garage into the house. Not sure why she didn't just run the cable down the inside of the wall and then into the room. Anyone? I'm pretty sure punching an opening between the garage and inside of the house is not allowed. We have a gas water heater and furnace out there too.

View attachment 84063

The other issue is the utility box, which I noticed yesterday when grabbing the garbage cans from the side of the house, is wide open and the wiring is a total mess. This is unacceptable. I'm assuming the box popped open on its own because she stuff everything in there without properly routing/mounting everything inside. I can't even close it, it's a complete mess.

View attachment 84064

Does Dish still contract the installations out to 3rd party installers, or is it all in-house now? I'm going to call them this afternoon and see if they will send out a more experienced installer to fix this mess.
Horrible. You need to contact Dish, or the retailer if that's where you placed the order, and have them send somebody to re-do it.

Also, I hope you or your wife didn't respond to the phone survey with a "0" (which actually means "10" in Dish logic). I feel bad for the installer from an income perspective. But, she needs to learn the proper way to do things at this stage in her tech career.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts