Dish just lost a customer

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Maybe some of it is luck of the draw, but one thing's for sure. Contacting DIRT will raise the odds tenfold!

Sent from my iPad 2 using SatelliteGuys

I made small talk with the rep who answered. We spoke for almost a half hour and I never demanded anything just asked nicely.

Back several years when AT&T (Cingular) had the worst CR on the face of the Earth, that was the only hope of getting anything fixed.

Wade-O - Sounds like things worked out for you, and I'm glad because you stuck around and actually digested what was being posted. Hope you enjoy the Hoppa.

For me, it was two Hoppers, two joeys, $200. I thought that it was a good deal at the time.

It is probably a good deal for your level of services, how much your total bill is, or, in other words, how much money you send to Dish each month. It seems the higher the bill, the lower the upgrade price, even the FREE 922 was only for "qualifying customers," otherwise, you had to pay.

I don't think it is luck of the draw at all. It is how much you send it to Dish. However, they probably try to quote you the highest for your "monthly generosity" and don't offer better until the fat whale (like the $190 per month poster) pushed for Dish to do a little more, than they get the, I believe, pre-approved lower price. After all, the CSR's can't do better than the system allow. If they really were going to do us a "favor" and give us a break, our call would have to be elevated to those who can approve a price better than the system allow for bottom tier CSR's. It never hurts to ask. But considering past freebies I've gotten, I fell OK with $100 for 2 Hoppers and 4 Joeys plus all the extra labor required.

Just wanted to update this thread with the latest developments. The installer is coming out this afternoon to set up the new house with a Hopper and 2 Joeys. Yesterday I got a letter from Dish asking me to reconsider cancelling my service and offering me a bunch of freebies (mostly programming). Seems kind of strange that they didn't offer me that stuff right away, and instead waited for me to actually go through with the cancellation. Maybe they thought I was bluffing? Or maybe it's just a standard form letter that gets mailed whenever someone terminates service. Anyway, I'll post an update again after everything is up and running at the new place.

Seems kind of strange that they didn't offer me that stuff right away, and instead waited for me to actually go through with the cancellation. Maybe they thought I was bluffing? Or maybe it's just a standard form letter that gets mailed whenever someone terminates service. Anyway, I'll post an update again after everything is up and running at the new place.
When you call in and tell them you want to cancel, I thought you are re-directed to higher-level reps who have authorization to offer add'l incentives. Maybe the rep was feeling rather unhelpful that day and just pushed your cancellation through... As for the letter, I do believe it's standard/automated for cancellations. I've read of others here getting them as well. Too often, it's too late though. When most people cancel, the next phone call they make is to DirecTV or the cableco and will be installed within days. You clearly are not normal !! Going without "real" TV service for any extended period of time !! ;)

Yes, if I ever left I think I'd have already had FiOS installed and working well before calling to cnx.

Yes, if I ever left I think I'd have already had FiOS installed and working well before calling to cnx.

If I were lucky enough to have FiOS available I'd have FiOS Internet and Dish TV. I have to settle for U-verse Internet + Dish where I live...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

If I were lucky enough to have FiOS available I'd have FiOS Internet and Dish TV. I have to settle for U-verse Internet + Dish where I live...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

Yes, FiOS Internet is great! And the land line, which we must keep, has no problems. I'm happy with Dish, but if finances get tight, I may have to switch to FiOS video just for the savings (which don't appear to be all that much).

I'm happy with Dish, but if finances get tight, I may have to switch to FiOS video just for the savings
I would think that dropping to welcome pack or smart pack and adding other mini packs would be cheaper than switching to another service.

I would think that dropping to welcome pack or smart pack and adding other mini packs would be cheaper than switching to another service.
A lot of people have been "cutting the cord", and moving to OTA plus Netflix, Hulu, and/or Amazon Prime. A comparable Dish variation would be Welcome/Smart pack plus Netflix/Hulu/Amzn, which would provide some additional channels.

If HBO and SHO were smart, they'd start selling subscriptions to their streaming services, directly to customers, cutting out the carrier/middlemen.

I would drop to the Welcome pack, watch everything on my EHDs, pursue Roku & OTA more, and then decide.

When it comes to downgrading packages, cable, thanks to bundling, has it over the satellite providers. I can add a "clear QAM" tier with 65 sd channels (channels that people want like USA or AMC and not filler like Almavision or CCTV) plus locals in HD for only an additional $15 per month to my phone/internet package. Add a $80 Silicondust HDHR3 to my pc as my dvr, and that beats out anything Dish can offer for under $30 per month. Of course when it comes to cable pricing, YMMV.

I'm certainly not ready to downgrade yet. But if I had to drop to anything less than AT120, I would leave Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)