Dish just lost a customer

As Hall said, current subs should not have been getting it for free. Back when they first came out, MANY existing subs were shelling out $100.00, and considered it a fair transaction. Now, at $50, yours has been the only complaint I've come across.
For me, it was two Hoppers, two joeys, $200. I thought that it was a good deal at the time.

Ziptied said:
Dish allows existing customers to open additional accounts and receive the "New Customer" benefits on those additional accounts. Don't know the ramifications of closing the existing account afterwards tho.

You have to talk to the fact act team and they make it very clear your responsible for both accounts before they allow a second to be built.

I suspected one of them would step in and look at this.

I contacted him. After a night of watching OTA programming I decided I'd made a poor choice and asked for some assistance getting this thing back on the rails.

That reminds me of a guy I used to work with. He demanded a pay raise or he would quit. They didn't wait. He was let go immediately.

I recall one guy telling the boss "for a penny I'd quit" and the boss handed him a penny. Watch what you say, you may start eating your foot, which was stuffed in your mouth.

A business can barely survive on a 25% mark up.
That depends entirely on what the company is selling. I used to do business with a multi-billion dollar company (Marubeni) that ran on a 3.5% margin. If your overhead is low, you can, and will li8kely have to) go much lower than 25%.

I'm betting that Amazon works on a margin that is less than 25%.

If I was was my only employee and sold tons of merchandise that I didn't have to service I'm sure I could make plenty off of small margins.

I just upgraded with two hoppers and four (4) Joeys, no cost, the fee ($50.00) was waived when I asked why would I upgrade and be charged for it after paying $190.00 a month for the last six years.

$190? OUCH!

I'm sure the computer went nuts and said "keep this boy HAPPY!" ;)

Dish mover worked great for me. Free hopper/joey upgrade and install. I had to have them come back out a week later to check something and that was free too.

Wireless adapter was free too, not sure if that was standard or not.

I just upgraded with two hoppers and four (4) Joeys, no cost, the fee ($50.00) was waived when I asked why would I upgrade and be charged for it after paying $190.00 a month for the last six years.

I'm trying this next upgrade...

Am I the only one who thinks this is a "stretch"?

$50 is a GREAT deal compared to what I was told two weeks ago. For us to upgrade to the Hopper and 2 Joeys would be $200.

Now when you see people post about getting deals like that, maybe you can understand why I thought I could do better than the $50 deal. I just talked to a friend who was quoted almost $200 just to have a second VIP receiver installed, so I guess it's just luck of the draw. On a side note, I just randomly decided to hook up my TV to the coax in the new house and see if it picked anything up, and I'm getting about 30 channels for free right now while I wait for Dish to get me set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)