Dish knows they upset a lot of people by the lack of new HD in Feburary

No but last year Charlie said by the end of the year. Ciel 2 was expected to be in place by then originally. Ciel 2 is now in place and nothing, just more "soon" where soon equals Spring.
How many HD locals has Dish added since that satellite was up and running ? A damn lot !

Quite a few of us thought Feburary was going to bring some new HD, and it really didn't

That is why I feel that within 3 months we will see more HD

Why else would they throw existing customers, HBO/STARZ for 3 months, no commitment and the same deal for HD Platinum with no commitment.
I'm not upset about what Febuary brought me .
I got:
  1. Fox HD
  2. Fox News HD
  3. Fox Business News HD
  4. CI HD
  5. Starz and HBO free for 3 months
  6. $10 credit per month for a year
  7. $25 installed Vip 211k.
Been a great month of Feburary.:hungry:

I got Fox News in HD in February, so I'm a happy camper. There isn't much else (beyond the Silver 200 with locals package and Silver HD) we watch on any regular basis that has us waiting with baited breath to have it in HD. None of the "coming HD channels" that Dish listed on their notice of rate increase hold any interest for us. About the only thing I would like is for the balance of my Starz and Cinemax channels to go to HD. Now that I have Fox News in HD, the big HD wait is over for me. The only thing of interest with Dish now is sorting out their packages and trying to figure out how to cut my bill without eliminating something I actually watch.

Quite a few of us thought Feburary was going to bring some new HD, and it really didn't

That is why I feel that within 3 months we will see more HD

Why else would they throw existing customers, HBO/STARZ for 3 months, no commitment and the same deal for HD Platinum with no commitment.

I think the promos have nothing to do with lack of HD. Heck, they aren't available to everyone, and they don't even tell you about them, you have to just stumble upon them, even if you're on this site....

I think the promos have nothing to do with lack of HD. Heck, they aren't available to everyone, and they don't even tell you about them, you have to just stumble upon them, even if you're on this site....
This is True ! E* does not make the exsiting customer promos easy to find. Yea for New customers the promos are all over the web and in the mail.

The last chat was in SEP/08 they says we get more HD/CHS by XMAS then turn to JAN/FEB/09 Nothing happened yet , just all bull sh*tting and waiting like usuall . . But then they raise our monthly payments insted more adding HDS. plus those channel they gonna to add up by DISH god knows when…D/TV add them up in summer/08! so dish way behind, is all talk no action!! Just BULL sh*t after some more BULL…

...plus those channel they gonna to add up by DISH god knows when…D/TV add them up in summer/08! so dish way behind, is all talk no action!! Just BULL sh*t after some more BULL…

Direct=69 national HD channels/Dish=68 national HD channels (difference of +1 channel in Directs column)/Direct=15 HD premium channels/Dish 19 HD premium channels (difference of +4 in Dish column). Sure sounds way behind to me there sparky! :rolleyes:

salmminc11
i was talking about these channels D/TV add them up in summer/08
But dish gonna add them up God knows when, saying it since SEP/O8

HD National Channels Currently Planned to Launch since summer /08

BET – The television network providing programming highlighting African-American culture.

Comedy Central – The all-comedy network.

CMT – The video network for young country fans, playing non-stop contemporary country hits 24 hours a day.

Crime & Investigation – Network dedicated to crime, investigation and mystery.

Fashion TV – The 24/7 fashion, beauty and style TV station.

FX – Offers a growing roster of award-winning original series and box-office hits.

MTV – America's premier music video and entertainment network for young adults.

Nickelodeon – Offers the highest quality and top-rated kids programming in a variety of genres appealing to kids of all ages.

SHOTO – Offers double the entertainment power of Showtime.

Showtime Extreme – Dedicated to all action, all the time.

Showtime (West) HD – Showtime in high definition provides the ultimate in home theater entertainment.

SPEED – The 24-hour network that is devoted to the sport of NASCAR.

Spike TV – Addresses the modern mans lifestyle interests.

VH1 – Where today’s upscale viewers stay connected to the music and music culture they love.

Last edited:
HD National Channels Currently Planned to Launch in the Future! – One of DISH Network’s main strategies is to continue improving our HD channel offerings. Here is a list of HD national channels we currently plan on launching in 2009!
2009 is NOT over yet.
Its only the 2nd week of March.:rolleyes:

salmminc11

HD National Channels Currently Planned to Launch in the Future! – One of DISH Network’s main strategies is to continue improving our HD channel offerings. Here is a list of HD national channels we currently plan on launching in 2009!

BET – The television network providing programming highlighting African-American culture.

CMT – The video network for young country fans, playing non-stop contemporary country hits 24 hours a day.

FX – Offers a growing roster of award-winning original series and box-office hits.

Nickelodeon – Offers the highest quality and top-rated kids programming in a variety of genres appealing to kids of all ages.

Showtime (West) HD – Showtime in high definition provides the ultimate in home theater entertainment.

VH1 – Where today’s upscale viewers stay connected to the music and music culture they love.

no offense, but your original post wasn't the easiest to decipher, but you did say that "...so dish way behind, is all talk no action!!" Which seams to say that...oh never mind, I've already said it...:rolleyes:

salmminc11

HD National Channels Currently Planned to Launch since summer /08

BET – T....

Actually, that list was from December 31 and said to be looking at launching in 2009 (here)

It might be New Years Eve, but that don't keep us from working for you.

I just got this in my Inbox a few minutes ago and am passing it along..

REMEMBER YOU READ THIS FIRST AT SATELLITEGUYS! :D

Quote:

Looks like my Dish bill will be 30 something a month with HD Absolute for a VERY long time now that ol charlie pulled the bait and switch to thousands if not a million customers who have a Turbo pack and thought they were getting more channels added to it. I sure was ready to pay a little more to get some more HD this year.... but not full price packages with extra HD add on charges for many channels I dont even think of watching.

If HD Absolute had Comedy Central.... Spike... FX and Speed.... Dish would have me kicking and screaming to give up that pack lol.

Yeah all those channels will probably be in HD on Dish by mid next year or so. I wouldnt expect it in 2009... and if by just some glimmer of hope they are added... we all will have to pay a LOT more to get em in HD.

I hope someone from Dish is actually reading the forum and know how upset some of us are. For a customer who's been with Dish since 97 and one that owns a few shares I really hope they listen a little. Thank you Scott for giving us a place to discuss during the good and the bad times.

I love channel whining. DISH could add 500 channels tomorrow...people would be whining that they didn't add 550 or whatever the channel they wanted by 8:00 AM...

I got Fox News in HD in February, so I'm a happy camper. There isn't much else (beyond the Silver 200 with locals package and Silver HD) we watch on any regular basis that has us waiting with baited breath to have it in HD. None of the "coming HD channels" that Dish listed on their notice of rate increase hold any interest for us. About the only thing I would like is for the balance of my Starz and Cinemax channels to go to HD. Now that I have Fox News in HD, the big HD wait is over for me. The only thing of interest with Dish now is sorting out their packages and trying to figure out how to cut my bill without eliminating something I actually watch.

More whining here. Got to agree with Carl. The fox additions will help keep me with dish, but for how long? The wife and I only watch about 20-25 channels but they are spread through the various packages. May get hard to justify the cost for what we watch. Just give me the channels I want to watch. I liked the smithsoian channel, have no interest in CI or whatever it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)