VIP211K OTA Recording Bug! ( 2.1)

boavista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Ok today i noticed another new bug in the latest L455 software for the 211K. When I setup a timer to Record NBC Buffalo ( 2.1) OTA to record From 12:35am to 1:35am the unit will Show it in the schedule list however the unit will never actually record the show! And yes before you mention it i double checked and it is set to DVR and not auto tune. The even more messed up thing is when i have this timer set, it not only doesn't DVR that,but the unit will turn on every morning at 5AM eastern on the nose for no reason at all!

Im convinced this is a software glitch because prior to the L455 software the timer for that DVR timer worked perfectly fine and the unit would never turn on at 5am.

BTW for those wondering whats on at that time, its "Late night"

what really bug's me is i can record other stuff but not that one show! If i stay up late ( friday nights show) i can manually dvr it no problem but when i use the dvr timer its a no go. I changed the time to start 1 minute earlier tonight to see what happens. Ill but sure to let everyone know.

Unit runs good, has little bugs here and there like anything else but generally good especially for the price. Using it with OTA needs some fixing but on the sat side its pretty sweet. Get your self a 1TB or 750GB drive and relax and watch some good tv :D