Dish Launches Big 10 Network

Just checked 442; doesn't look good, thats for sure. I turned on the HD game to see if it tried to charge - which of course it did not.

I wish they wouldn't use the PPV channel for this stuff; instead they could use that never used HDDEV channel or maybe just create a sports-HD channel for sporadic stuff like that.

Although once we get nine HDPPV channels, it should not be an issue.

It looks ok. Anything less than HD is never as good.

I saw the promo for the Illinois game in HD. Does anyone know if we will get it in HD?

I was just flipping channels and found these. I am VERY happy I actually get to watch the Iowa game tonight! :up

Just selected it and no PPV charge came up.
That's dumb of Dish Network. If I hadn't read it here, I would NEVER have bothered checking that channel.

Picture quality on 439 was horrid, as others have seen.... 9467 looks pretty good so far (still halftime show, almost over).

Just checked 442; doesn't look good, thats for sure. I turned on the HD game to see if it tried to charge - which of course it did not.

I wish they wouldn't use the PPV channel for this stuff; instead they could use that never used HDDEV channel or maybe just create a sports-HD channel for sporadic stuff like that.

Although once we get nine HDPPV channels, it should not be an issue.

Technically it is the same channel. But I think I know what you mean... that should have made an alternate channel in the 400s near the other BigTen's point to the HD feed.

The game I'm waiting for is tonight.... LSU vs VT on ESPN

Last edited:
Dont have Dish and the picture quality for Directv is superb and its in SD go figure cant wait for the HD channel I wonder how good that will look

I thought 439 looked pretty good. 9467 is superb. Nothing like Football in High Definition!
Once the game itself resumed, and the more I watched, I was NOT impressed with the PQ after all. Didn't have any macroblocking, but it just wasn't sharp or crisp to me.

Purdue game, ch442. Absolute WORST SD picture I have ever seen. Nearly unwatchable. Higher channels are better. Check it out.

I was watching this also. A few minutes ago, the announcers said that they were having visual technical problems (over the whole feed) due to storm-related tech problems. Not Dish Network's tech issue...This Time! :cool:

ANyone else run into this issue?

I set a timer for the buckeyes game on 9467, since i was studying until 1ish, came back and started the game up, but all i had was audio, the only video was the PPV screen that you get when it says you have to pay for this event. That bugged me.
At least i didnt miss anything other than Akron getting a safety

I heard, but have not checked, that two games will be in HD on Dish channel 9467. Also, I heard that the Big Ten will become a regional and not national offering beginning 2008. Is this true or false?

Dish launched the network and it almost looked like the Akron Zips were going to launch Ohio State today!!

I heard, but have not checked, that two games will be in HD on Dish channel 9467. Also, I heard that the Big Ten will become a regional and not national offering beginning 2008. Is this true or false?
Regional in terms of residents of the 8 states comprising the Big Ten will get the games with America's 100 Plus. For those in other states, a tier will be created at additional cost.

ANyone else run into this issue?

I set a timer for the buckeyes game on 9467, since i was studying until 1ish, came back and started the game up, but all i had was audio, the only video was the PPV screen that you get when it says you have to pay for this event. That bugged me.
At least i didnt miss anything other than Akron getting a safety

I had the exact same issue!