DISH Launches Palladia

What goes around, comes around in the cable business, especially for Cablevision CEO Jimmy Dolan.

After playing hardball in talks with Scripps Networks over carriage fees, Dolan now finds himself in a fee fight with satellite-TV operator Dish Network over his Fuse music channel.

On Wednesday, Dish dropped Fuse from its channel lineup, replacing it with MTV Networks' Palladia, which carries a mish-mash of HD music programming from MTV and VH1.

Fuse is part of Madison Square Garden, which was spun off from Cablevision in February but is still controlled by the Dolan family, with Jimmy Dolan holding the title of executive chairman.

Dish Network takes on Dolan in carriage fee battle - NYPOST.com

Dolan knows how to get on everyone's s*** list!

Didn't watch it while it was on Dish, and wouldn't watch it if it came back, so...
But thanks for the heads up.

Goodbye, Fuse! Palladia is much better. Just ask my son.

I'll bet this petition backfires.

After submitting the "refuse to lose Fuse" form letter to Dish a week ago, I received this response today by email.

Dear DISH Network Customer,

Effective June 30, 2010 DISH Network launched Palladia, showcasing the best in music from the world’s most popular artists. DISH Network customers who subscribe to America’s Top 200 and above now receive this upgraded programming in place of Fuse.

Palladia offers the best music-related content from MTV, VH1 and CMT. Embracing the full spectrum of music offerings from MTV Networks' Music Group, Palladia features concert series, events, and original Palladia productions including: VH1 Storytellers, CMT Crossroads, MTV2's $2 Bill, MTV Video Music Awards, VH1 Hip Hop Honors and CMT Music Awards. Original programming includes a weekly music video countdown show, artist interviews, and backstage extras.

DISH Network has decided to replace Fuse with Palladia to offer our customers even better music-related content. We are excited to provide Palladia to most of our customers now and feel this change will provide a better choice for this type of programming.

Thank you for your email.

Sincerely,

DISH Network eCare

Basically they just re-hashed their original announcement. I was disappointed to lose Fuse, but it wasn't a huge deal. What is a huge deal to me is a company treating me like an idiot by putting their PR spin on the situation and telling me they are adding a channel that I already received. Dish would have been much better off not responding to my email at all.

Unless you're reporting a valid technical issue, and reporting it to the correct address for such things, you'll never get anything but an ignorant form letter from Dish.

...Dish would have been much better off not responding to my email at all.

and if they hadn't responded at all to your email you would've been here complaining because you never heard back from them about you email. So... :rolleyes:

But if you have Palladia already in HD, it's a loss of one channel for no reduction in price.

Yet when they add a channel, I never see anyone posting that they think they should pay more....