DISH Launches Palladia

I myself think Palladia is a pretty good channel. I maybe watched Fuse 3 times in all the years Dish has had it. I could care less but I know that there are plenty of big Fuse fans out there. I would wait a week to see how things play out before everyone start going insane like they always do. I always like hearing both sides of the story first then I'll decide if this is a BS move or not.

Willh699 said:
i wonder is it went "Off-air" for 30 mins to switch from Fuse to Palladia or did they just simply changed the channel feed without shutting off the channel for 30 mins. and i hope someone recorded it so we can see it on youtube since most of us missed the live switchover.

It just cut right from Fuse to Palladia

According to Wikipedia, FUSE is now owned by MSG (Madison Square Garden Inc.). Sometime this year Rainbow Media sold it to them.

Who do you think is the majority shareholder of MSG? DOLAN! The spin-off was smoke & mirrors to keep HD feeds away from the telcos, knowing the FCC was going to change the regs on the terrestrial loophole. The same person owns both companies all under the Cablevision umbrella or disguised as being separate when it's really not. Dolan will get what he wants one way or the other, as I said he is known to hold a grudge. Just take a look at the YES Network fiasco years ago.

I myself think Palladia is a pretty good channel. I maybe watched Fuse 3 times in all the years Dish has had it. I could care less but I know that there are plenty of big Fuse fans out there. I would wait a week to see how things play out before everyone start going insane like they always do. I always like hearing both sides of the story first then I'll decide if this is a BS move or not.
It sounds like union talks between Major League sports and the players... billionaires and millionaires and all their suffering. Here we seem to have wildly rich businesses sticking their tongues out at each other. I'll consider myself lucky as I never watched Fuse, though am so glad that I can watch Palladia in SD now, since I got HD this past month. :D Maybe next time it'll be Versus or something I'll care more about and not be so lucky.

Whoa who!!! I get a new SD channel that is a downrez version of a year old HD channel. I am so excited about blocking another SD channel this evening.

WTH? More channels Dish is dropping? Fuse is hell of a lot better than Paladia. So we get an SD Paladia and need Platinum to get it in HD? Lame.

EDIT: Though I see Paladia in HD is now turned back on for me, not subscribed to Platinum. Is this a free preview like Indie and Retro or permanent?

Free Preview of the HD

Fuse wasn't as good as MuchMusic which it was before.
Palladia is not new.
Palladia was MHD: Music: High Definition. I've had it/them for 3 years now.
So Dish downrezes (sp?) Palladia HD, replaces Fuse with it, and calls it a "launch"??? WTF? :rant: Way to go Charlie.
I hope your next job is bathroom janitor....at DIRECTV!!! :eek:
I've been contemplating a switch since the Weather Channel thing. Then Disney/ESPNews, now this. I think it's time.

I agree this stinks, but why does everyone thing Palladia is a Platinum channel? I haven't had DISH for about 6 months (thinking about coming back when I get out of my temp living situation) but Palladia was always a basic channel as long as I had HD (back to the Voom days). HDNet, HD Theater, and Palladia were the only HD-Only channels that weren't in Platinum.

In my account page, under HD for Life, if I hover over the HD 200 channels it lists Palladia HD as a channel...

...obviously another error by Dish.

Of course I'm in Hawaii and can't get the HD version anyway since Dish won't allow us to order the Platinum package for some reason.

I think it sucks that Fuse is gone. While it wasn't a channel I regularly checked out, I know it is better than Palladia. That channel has a lot of crap on it for the few good things that pop up from time to time.

You must not have been on here much lately. Palladia moved to Platinum a week or two ago.

I agree this stinks, but why does everyone thing Palladia is a Platinum channel? I haven't had DISH for about 6 months (thinking about coming back when I get out of my temp living situation) but Palladia was always a basic channel as long as I had HD (back to the Voom days). HDNet, HD Theater, and Palladia were the only HD-Only channels that weren't in Platinum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)