Dish LIVE Retailer Chat Recap - December 20, 2006

I am a bit confused here. I have the hd silver pack now. What will be my price increase be?If i am understanding this right they are going back to seperate hd pack of 20 bucks im i better off to shuffle things.Any help would be great than you !

To summerize the changes/price increases:

AT 60 becomes AT 100. (Counting everything, there are 90 channels on this pack now)
-The 32 CD channels already on AT120 and up are added to the package.
-No Price Increase

AT 120 CD becomves AT 200 (Counting everything there are about 225 channels on this pack now)
-$3 a month price increase

AT 180 CD becomes AT 250 (Counting everything there are abou 280 channels on thios pack now)
-$3 a month price increase

Americas Everything
- $5 a month price increase

Dish HD Bronze which was AT60+ HD Pack and sold for $20 more than AT60 alone.
- ELIMINATED

Dish HD Silver which was AT120+ HD Pack and sold for $20 more than AT120 alone.
- ELIMINATED

Dish HD Gold which was AT 180 + HD Pack and sold for $20 more than AT180 alone.
- ELIMINATED

Dish HD Platinum which was America's everything + HD Pack and sold for $15 more than AEP alone.
- ELIMINATED

HD PACK added to any basic package $20.

HD PACK Only
-No Price Increase (still $29.95? + $6 HD enabling fee?)

HBO
-No Price Increase

Showtime, Cinemax, Starz
- $1/mo price increase EACH

Boy is this confusing. I have Platinum but if we aren't getting any new channels with the price increase, and especially with HD going back to a stand-alone pricing, I will most likely downgrade to another package. Good news in the savings department I suppose, but bad news in that I liked my service as is. Just not enough for an additional $120 a year.

Boy is this confusing. I have Platinum but if we aren't getting any new channels with the price increase, and especially with HD going back to a stand-alone pricing, I will most likely downgrade to another package. Good news in the savings department I suppose, but bad news in that I liked my service as is. Just not enough for an additional $120 a year.
How many DVR's do you have? If you have a few your price may go UP by switching to a lower priced package.

Just to clarify does the, "HD Pack" have ALL of the non-premium HD channels? In other words, will former silver package customers now get National Geographic HD with AT200 + HD?

What about the adult channels? I've got HD Platinum + Playboy + Superstations + Sports Pak and a few additional adult channels. I saw the rumors that they were going up $5 EACH as well? I see there is no change on Playboy, but I've been paying the "discounted" Playboy rate. Is that going away?

I added shorteez when they cut my distants, but I may have to drop one of the others if the increase goes up $30 a month

What about the adult channels? I've got HD Platinum + Playboy + Superstations + Sports Pak and a few additional adult channels. I saw the rumors that they were going up $5 EACH as well? I see there is no change on Playboy, but I've been paying the "discounted" Playboy rate. Is that going away?

I added shorteez when they cut my distants, but I may have to drop one of the others if the increase goes up $30 a month
They didnt say in the chat, but in past increases they didnt mention the adult channels eaither and they went up.

I currently get the Bronze HD package plus locals for $55/month. Now I will get AT100 plus HD for $30 + $20 +$5 for locals which equals $55/month. That's great. No price increase for me plus I get some music channels in February.

same pkg here will we now get NAt geo HD?

trido

5.88% increase for AEP not that bad 84.99 vs 89.99
33.33% increase in the HD package SUCKS 15 vs 20

This after my increase for distant service

45.79% increase 11.99 (for supers, Denver & LA distants & PBS, plus CBS HD east and west) vs 17.48 (5.99 for supers, 1.5 for pbs & 9.99 for SF & ATL distants) plus the loss of CBS East & West HD

My total increase will be $15.49 over what it was just a few months ago.

13.24% increase in total 116.98 vs 132.47 plus the loss of CBS East & West

Last edited:
With increases this big, maybe they will sweeten the pot with the regional sports nets or some more HD to squelch the gag reflex most of us will have over this...

Sure are a lot of questions about whether the HD pack is going to include National Geographic for bronze and silver. I would like to know this as well, because I am going to be dropping my service way down from the HD Platinum+locals to something much less (tired of the repetition on the premiums that I dont watch).

Guess Scott just answered this! Too bad that its not included.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts