DISH Loses 135,00 Subs in Second Quarter

It seems Dish lives for the quarterly statement when they can proudly announce to the world how much money they made, never mind how many channels were dropped or how many lies were told ( rsn hd games).
Direct accepts the fact that to keep their customers happy and provide what they promised they may have to spend a little more thus lowering their bottom line.
I make no judgement as to who's right or wrong.

To me, all the TV providers have become greedy companies that have all failed to make the investments that are needed for the greater good in HDTV. D* failed to invest in basic HD channels, E* failed to invest in sports, U-verse failed to invest in better PQ, and cable, even though it varies everywhere, most likely failed in some kind of an investment one way or another. It's really coming down to where you have to pick the one that's considered the lesser evil to you. It's a shame because there was a time where satellite was considered to be a whole lot better than cable, but with all the price hikes and fees added over the years, satellite is not as attractive as it used to be.

Last edited:
I pay Dish $150 per month for service and I am leaving this Friday to DirecTV. I don't care about their niche channels and want some decent sport IN HD (Universal Sports for one)! I didnt have any problems with Dish but it all comes down to programming. Dish keeps messing around with this too much.

Once Comcast comes out with that "Xcalibur" HD DVR that will be a huge consideration once my Dish contract is up in 2013. Hopefully Charlie doesn't go all out on the 2013 price increase. :eek: Plus Comcast has Fuse and MLB Network.

Corporations are supposed to maximize shareholder returns. The question is - over what period of time?

I put my bet on the self-made billionaire. I suspect he has some pretty nifty things planned, based on his acquisitions and track record. The next few years should be quite interesting.

I pay Dish $150 per month for service and I am leaving this Friday to DirecTV. I don't care about their niche channels and want some decent sport IN HD (Universal Sports for one)! I didnt have any problems with Dish but it all comes down to programming. Dish keeps messing around with this too much.
Just letting you know D* doesn't have Universal Sports in HD. Just SD only.

Once Comcast comes out with that "Xcalibur" HD DVR that will be a huge consideration once my Dish contract is up in 2013. Hopefully Charlie doesn't go all out on the 2013 price increase. :eek: Plus Comcast has Fuse and MLB Network.
Makes me wish I had Comcast in my area, but I'm stuck with Bright House in Livonia. Time for me to move!;):D

:D. Bright House isn't that horrible. But they don't have NFL Network or RedZone. :( Do you have internet through them?
Nope. I was thinking at one time getting phone and internet through them, but with a regular price of $90/month just for those 2 services, no thanks. I'm happy with my internet/phone bundle through Cavalier Telco at just $50/month. Yes the internet is slower than RoadRunner but 2.25 Mbps isn't bad.

Nope. I was thinking at one time getting phone and internet through them, but with a regular price of $90/month just for those 2 services, no thanks. I'm happy with my internet/phone bundle through Cavalier Telco at just $50/month. Yes the internet is slower than RoadRunner but 2.25 Mbps isn't bad.

I only pay 50 bucks a month for 20/4 internet and Unlimited Phone. I'm on a promo rate for 1 year.

I only pay 50 bucks a month for 20/4 internet and Unlimited Phone. I'm on a promo rate for 1 year.
Dare I ask what's the regular price (if you know)? Bright house offers unlimited phone with 7 Mbps RoadRunner for $60/month for the 1st year but again it jumps to $90/month afterward. To me $90 is way too much and I don't want to keep jumping providers year after year. It would get pretty annoying.

Dare I ask what's the regular price (if you know)? Bright house offers unlimited phone with 7 Mbps RoadRunner for $60/month for the 1st year but again it jumps to $90/month afterward. To me $90 is way too much and I don't want to keep jumping providers year after year. It would get pretty annoying.

Regular price is 109.55/month 62.95 for internet plus 40.00/month for the phone and 7.00/month for the modem.

I have Roadrunner through TWC internet only. I pay $30/month for 15/2 and it is normally $50/month. My speeds are consistantly between 20 and 30 down without the powerboost. The boost will get me up to 50 for a few seconds. This is probably because I am the only one around still using TWC for internet. Everyone else is using FiOs, DSL, or some other VoIP company. This is also why I have not paid full price for internet in over 5 years. Every time my annual discount expires I call them up and tell them I am going to FiOs and they give me another $20/month off for a year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)