DISH Loses 135,00 Subs in Second Quarter

I have Roadrunner through TWC internet only. I pay $30/month for 15/2 and it is normally $50/month. My speeds are consistantly between 20 and 30 down without the powerboost. The boost will get me up to 50 for a few seconds. This is probably because I am the only one around still using TWC for internet. Everyone else is using FiOs, DSL, or some other VoIP company. This is also why I have not paid full price for internet in over 5 years. Every time my annual discount expires I call them up and tell them I am going to FiOs and they give me another $20/month off for a year

That's what I do. When the promo is up I call or send them a message on Twitter and they usually put me back on the promo.

You know I was joking about the moving part, right? If FiOS was available in Michigan, I would consider them as well.

No way... I totally thought you were serious??

Yes I knew you were joking... Just sayin'. Comcrap isn't worth moving over.

Yeah I got fed up with AT&T so I dumped them and I've been with Cavalier for over the last year. Overall, I'm happy with Cavalier but if I get fed up with them, I'll look into Bright House internet and phone.

Cavalier looks pretty good. But PAETEC who owns Cavalier was just sold to Windstream. And Windstream is really bad. I hope it doesn't effect your service.

Cavalier looks pretty good. But PAETEC who owns Cavalier was just sold to Windstream. And Windstream is really bad. I hope it doesn't effect your service.
Well, if my service gets ruined, I'll look at my options. What's weird is that Windstream offers Dish for TV while Cavalier offers Directv. Does that mean they'll offer both after the merger and I can bundle with either one of them? I doubt it.

Well, if my service gets ruined, I'll look at my options. What's weird is that Windstream offers Dish for TV while Cavalier offers Directv. Does that mean they'll offer both after the merger and I can bundle with either one of them? I doubt it.

They'll probably just pick one of them. Most likely Dish since that is who Windstream has a contract with.

Speaking of international programming, whats the deal with having Spanish HBO in my HBO channels? If there is notihing else available ok, but otherwise it is just taking up bandwidth.

Speaking of international programming, whats the deal with having Spanish HBO in my HBO channels? If there is notihing else available ok, but otherwise it is just taking up bandwidth.
You can blame HBO for that. They're pretty much forcing all providers to carry HBO Latino with the rest of the HBO channels.

I have Roadrunner through TWC internet only. I pay $30/month for 15/2 and it is normally $50/month. My speeds are consistantly between 20 and 30 down without the powerboost. The boost will get me up to 50 for a few seconds. This is probably because I am the only one around still using TWC for internet. Everyone else is using FiOs, DSL, or some other VoIP company. This is also why I have not paid full price for internet in over 5 years. Every time my annual discount expires I call them up and tell them I am going to FiOs and they give me another $20/month off for a year
Wow nice price. I'm with Optimum and their attitude is take it or leave it for $49.95. So they bend me over every month. In my area they are the only game in town.
But what I pay for all 3 is still cheaper then Optimum triple play with equipment.
Optimum $49.95
Dish $41.00
Vonage $12.50
When I do have a choice I will gladly tell them where to go.:eek:

Wow nice price. I'm with Optimum and their attitude is take it or leave it for $49.95. So they bend me over every month. In my area they are the only game in town.
But what I pay for all 3 is still cheaper then Optimum triple play with equipment.
Optimum $49.95
Dish $41.00
Vonage $12.50
When I do have a choice I will gladly tell them where to go.:eek:
TWC may have done the same to me if there were not other options. Because of all of the competition, they will bend over backwards to keep me

I see you have Vonage. How do you like it? Why did you pick Vonage over Magic Jack, Ooma, or some other VoIP?

Per the following article:

The satellite-television provider is attempting to attract more affluent customers who are willing to spend more each month on video and less likely cancel their service, a reversal of its prior strategy to sign up lower-end customers, who were hit during the economic downturn.

Dish Network Raises Quarterly Profit, But Loses Customers - FoxBusiness.com
So what/who is a lower end customer? I thought all Dish subscribers were affluent.

I would think that this would be a major change in there marketing and advertising

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys!!

TWC may have done the same to me if there were not other options. Because of all of the competition, they will bend over backwards to keep me

I see you have Vonage. How do you like it? Why did you pick Vonage over Magic Jack, Ooma, or some other VoIP?
Love them. I had them for ever and they keep renewing the 12.50 price so I have no reason to leave.

The only one I was going to try was Magic Jack but last I've heard they had a lot of spyware.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts