Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH Courts Heart of America With Family-friendly TV

Heartland Package includes GMC, Hallmark, PixL, RFDTV and RURAL TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Feb. 14, 2011 – DISH Network L.L.C. announced today the availability of the Heartland Package, a specialty programming package the entire family will enjoy that includes movies, classic TV series, inspirational concert specials, rural lifestyle content and more. The new package features Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movie Channel, GMC TV, PixL, RFD-TV and, starting later this week, RURAL TV.

DISH customers looking for a wider selection of family entertainment can add the Heartland Package to their existing subscription for $5 a month.

“Just in time for Valentine’s Day, DISH delivers a programming package that courts the heart of America with family-friendly entertainment,” said Dave Shull, senior vice president of Programming at DISH. “Parents want to be involved and watch TV with their children, and the Heartland Package brings the whole family together around this combination of family-focused networks. In addition, DISH provides advanced parental control technologies that equip parents to choose the content their children can access.”

The networks within the package line-up are available on the following channels:

Hallmark Channel, channel 185
Hallmark Channel offers viewers a way to celebrate life’s moments, creating powerful connections with programming meant to make the most out of every season and every day.

Hallmark Movie Channel, channel 187
Positive, meaningful, original and always entertaining, Hallmark Movie Channel is a trusted family friendly network devoted to quality story telling.

GMC TV, channel 188
GMC TV is America’s favorite television channel for uplifting music and family entertainment. The Parents Television Council™ awarded its Entertainment Seal of Approval™ to GMC for being an authentic family-friendly cable network. GMC can be seen in more than 51 million homes on various cable systems around the country.

PixL, channel 388
PixL is the first true family-safe 24/7 premium movie channel premiering original movies, miniseries and series that inspire, amuse and touch the heart – featuring the biggest stars from film and television in the world today – with absolutely no commercial interruptions.

RFD-TV, channel 231
RFD-TV is dedicated to serving rural America with a 24-hour schedule of well-balanced, high quality, original and family-oriented programs that cover the rural way of life, including agriculture, equine, music and entertainment.

RURAL TV, channel 232
RURAL TV is a new rural business and lifestyle channel, featuring live news with daily market coverage, focusing on business and policy issues of rural America. Following the successful format of RFD-TV, RURAL TV will include programming on equine, music and entertainment but the foundation for RURAL TV's daily program schedule will focus on the business of rural America and will include international programming.

For more information about the new Heartland Package and other DISH packages, please visit http://www.dish.com/entertainment/channels/#a-la-carte.

Heartland Package images are available at http://press.dishnetwork.com/Press-Center/Photo-Library.

Perfect package for some but it's not a stand alone package right? So who would get it as an add on. A quick look seems like even the welcome package and Family package already has some of those channels. I guess getting something like Pixl and a couple others would be worth it for those really trying to keep costs down.
(Actually, maybe Top 120 would I think I only see CMT in there)

Last edited:
I have the Welcome Pack. Would these channels be in HD??

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

I believe so since it is an a la carte add-on as long as you have an HD receiver and HD equipment. You should also be able to get HD locals if they are available from Dish in your area.

In addition, I do not think Rural TV is available, yet.

Yeah, 2011? I know it's not April Fool's day, but I guess you could say it's February Fools in Love day.

Thanks. We loved these channels when they were in preview. Clean entertainment. My family is thrilled.

Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk

Insp [Channel 259] is another channel that others may want to watch that I believe everyone gets...
At noon eastern on weekdays there is a programming block with The Waltons, Wind at My Back, The Big Valley, Little House on the Prarie, The Brady Bunch, Happy Days, and Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.

BYU [Channel 9403] also plays some similar programming like Wind at My Back and Doc. It also plays some classic movies.

The Hub [Channel 179] plays some classic shows like The Wonder Years, Family Ties, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, Doogie Howser, M.D., and Batman.

I believe so since it is an a la carte add-on as long as you have an HD receiver and HD equipment. You should also be able to get HD locals if they are available from Dish in your area.

In addition, I do not think Rural TV is available, yet.

RuralTV is scheduled to go live tomorrow 2/15/2012

Rural TV added

Don't see an uplink report, but Rural TV at channel 232 has been added.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts