DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

I'm sorry I was just discussing. I want dish to win but I don't think they have a chance.

Posted from my iPhone.
Well, in lieu of recent events, it would seem SoftBank is not as confident as you are. Just sayin...

Well, in lieu of recent events, it would seem SoftBank is not as confident as you are. Just sayin...

They may not be, and I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm saying is the way I'm seeing things. Just as you are. Do we really need to turn this into a pissing match? I thought message boards were for people to talk and have fun. Now lets get back on topic and have fun

Posted from my iPhone.

Everything I hear is that Sprint's coverage is just too spotty. Yes, some/many areas, they have excellent coverage and if it's where you live, work, travel, that's fine. I hear all too often about Sprint or T-Mobile that if you go outside your normal "home" area and venture too far from major highways though, you're in trouble for coverage. For me, they don't even offer their WiMax/4G service, let alone LTE, on the data side.

That sounds almost as bad as. "I heard that with satellite it goes out every time it rains or the wind blows."

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

They may not be, and I'm not trying to start a fight. All I'm saying is the way I'm seeing things. Just as you are. Do we really need to turn this into a pissing match? I thought message boards were for people to talk and have fun. Now lets get back on topic and have fun.

Posted from my iPhone.

Oh, get over it. We're all having fun. Seems you are getting a little paranoid.;)

That sounds almost as bad as. "I heard that with satellite it goes out every time it rains or the wind blows."

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I always had good coverage with Sprint. My data speeds on the other hand made me want to cry. I always said that's the only reason sprint still has unlimited data is because the speeds are so slow. Maybe once network vision is complete I will switch back!

Posted from my iPhone.

You can't really use past experience to judge what Dish and Sprint would be like together. It would be a whole new company. They would be able to cover a much larger area and provide faster speeds to more areas. Their goal is to cater to areas that are only able to get 1.5-3meg. This could be a great thing.

You can't really use past experience to judge what Dish and Sprint would be like together. It would be a whole new company. They would be able to cover a much larger area and provide faster speeds to more areas. Their goal is to cater to areas that are only able to get 1.5-3meg. This could be a great thing.

IF it happens and I do mean IF.............

This is true. But it will take time to finish the network over haul that Sprint is doing now and then build out new towers. Dish isn't bringing in a network, so to fix the current problems Sprint has it will take a lot of time and money. That said Dish can do it and I hope they win so they can do it.

Posted from my iPhone.

It will take time. Sprint has the network and Dish has the spectrum and the service. Dish/Sprint would have twice as much spectrum as anyone else.

Sprint has a network. It's not big enough IMO for what they want to do. I really wanna see where this goes. If Dish wins the possibilities are endless.

Posted from my iPhone.

Even if Dish loses, they still might get some tower access with them.

Dish has millions of subscribers. I don't see why they couldn't make each one an access point for cell phones if they could implement a way to transfer the traffic from those systems installed to the towers.

The problem with the Dish bid is that there is less cash up front and more stock to hold on to after the deal. It will be a tough deal for current shareholders to think about. What is telling is that the current stock price of Sprint is still right around the Softbank number.

Personally I would like to see Dish win... It would be quite interesting to see what happens in a couple years.

DISH has asked the FCC to stop the review of Softbanks purchase of Sprint...

Dish Network Corp asked U.S. regulators on Thursday to stop reviewing SoftBank Corp's <9984.T> proposed acquisition of Sprint Nextel Corp's , citing the Japanese company's reported attempt to thwart its bid for the U.S. wireless carrier.

The request follows a Reuters report on May 10 that SoftBank asked several Wall Street investment banks not to finance Dish's $25.5 billion offer for Sprint by saying such a move could hurt their chances of getting a piece of the public offering of Chinese e-commerce company Alibaba Group Holding Ltd . SoftBank owns 33 percent of Alibaba.
Interesting twist... if it is a twist. I don't know what is "normal" in these sorts of mergers.

All American Direct/MyDistantLocals

Dish in spat with another provider.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)