DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

Ooops, yeap, I knew it was billion, not million... Typo

I meant though, what's the precedent for it?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

pretty standard. usually happens when they want to MAKE SURE that the other company will do all that they can to consecrate the deal and not back out. I.E. make it too expensive. See the ATT/T-Mobile deal earlier this year.

from the looks of things, looks like Dish should just give up buying out Sprint, let the japanese have it. at least Dish don't have to worry about ticking off NASCAR who Sprint is the current sponsor of the series of NASCAR, the Sprint Cup. plus if Dish really wants to be a player in the cell phone/mobile internet data business, they need to buy smaller regional companies and as well as gobble up T-Mobile (who like Dish almost merge with a bigger company referred as "The Dark Side", but in T-Mobile's case they almost got bought out/merge with AT&T while Dish almost merge with DirecTV before the FCC said no.). they could just buy Clear without buying Sprint, but i rather they move on and give up on Sprint. try an alternative plan with smaller unknown cell phone companies or just give up with trying to launch a cell phone company and use the wireless spectrum they have no to expand their DishNet internet service to not needing satellites like they currently doing now. or better yet, sell the spectrum and refocus on one thing only, Satellite and work on deals with Disney to end the current dispute as as well as settle the lawsuits with the networks suing over the primetime anytime feature on the hopper whole home DVR system.

Dish's primary motivation in all of this is for the nationwide, wireless network. Small, regional players can't give them that...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Breaking news: clearwire committee recomends accepting Dish offer ( for large minority ownership of clearwire).

Sent from Galaxy S4 using SatelliteGuys

Charlie may not need Sprint in order to work out deals with them on using their towers and offering the services that they want.

I hope Dish is successful in buying Sprint. They'll probably do to Sprint what they did to the original Blockbuster by Mail service, screw it up. When they do that, my friends and family who have Sprint will finally join me on Verizon. Then I'll be able call them free because of Verizon's free calls to other Verizon users. Not to mention better call quality. :D

That clearwire mess definitely gives Dish a lot of leverage. Too early to call a winner for Sprint at this point.

Without Clearwire, is Sprint worth as much to Softbank?
Sprint still has a majority of Clearwire though. Dish becoming a major minority owner doesn't change much... other than maybe I suppose gives Ergen a large chip to bargain for tower access in exchange for Clearwire.

Sprint still has a majority of Clearwire though. Dish becoming a major minority owner doesn't change much... other than maybe I suppose gives Ergen a large chip to bargain for tower access in exchange for Clearwire.
softbank wants full ownership of clearwire and IIRC there were some conditions even in the sprint deal. Dish may have created more leverage than we know because of the complexity of that deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)