DISH Makes offer to buy Sprint (Rescinded)

So much for Sprint. Dish still has a boatload of capital which just makes Ergen's acquisition of AT&T all the more likely.
Softbank is Japanese, not Chinese.
Oh what's the difference? Both were touted as "taking over America", Japan in the 90s, China today. And they all look alike... just like white people. ;)

Best interest of the COMPANY? Or the SHAREHOLDERS? NOT the same.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

So much for Sprint. Dish still has a boatload of capital which just makes Ergen's acquisition of AT&T all the more likely. Oh what's the difference? Both were touted as "taking over America", Japan in the 90s, China today. And they all look alike... just like white people. ;)
Huge difference. Culturally, not unlike the difference between Italy and Spain, or France and Germany. But, politically, even more so, as one is officially an ally, and one is officially not.

Dish is already old technology in the communications business and its subscriber base is declining. Sprint clearly see their future with a global communicatons company as already Verizon have done.

Now I just hope Dish doesn't get their hands on clearwire.[/QUOTE]

Clearwire should have been Dish's more obvious choice, hopefully Sprint have shown them the way. However both Sprint and Clearwire are still likely candidates for a global company partner or takeover. One of the more obvious companies would be Vodafone (2nd biggest in the world) who already own 45% of Verizon.

Last edited:
Can Dish actually get Clearwire? I know they submitted to buy all shares, but with Sprint owning the majority, can Sprint be forced to sell?
Huge difference. Culturally, not unlike the difference between Italy and Spain, or France and Germany. But, politically, even more so, as one is officially an ally, and one is officially not.
You need to get your sarcasm meter recal'd.

YEA!

Now I just hope Dish doesn't get their hands on clearwire.
Stunned. A shocking revelation.

Clearwire should have been Dish's more obvious choice, hopefully Sprint have shown them the way. However both Sprint and Clearwire are still likely candidates for a global company partner or takeover. One of the more obvious companies would be Vodafone (2nd biggest in the world) who already own 45% of Verizon.
Regulators would never let Vodafone buy Sprint, unless they sell out thier share of Verizon wireless, as it would pretty much combine both CDMA phones services (the reason AT&T was prevented from buying T-Mobile).

Dish probably never cared about Sprint, and probably was using it as a feight in order to get what they really wanted, Clearwire.

Ironically, it was Softbank that bought Vodafone's Japan operation. I still use an old Vodafone-branded flip phone on Japan's Softbank network.

Regulators would never let Vodafone buy Sprint, unless they sell out thier share of Verizon wireless, as it would pretty much combine both CDMA phones services (the reason AT&T was prevented from buying T-Mobile).
Yup.

I wonder why SB doesn't go after TMo? It's network is compatible with SB's HSPA/GSM network. They can add LTE to it, as ATT has done, rather than the also-ran technology that Clearwire offers with Wi-Mi or Mi-Fi or whatever it's called. I remember a time, not too long ago, when there was talk that Sprint was looking to dump their investment in Clearwire.

YEA!

Now I just hope Dish doesn't get their hands on clearwire.

Of course you would. Oh, look!

5NeX1Gv.jpg

Can Dish get T-Mobile and another company or two which would match or beat the size of Sprint, and perhaps for a lower cost?

Bits and pieces needing to be stitched together. I think the idea was to build upon a nationwide going concern.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ironically, it was Softbank that bought Vodafone's Japan operation. I still use an old Vodafone-branded flip phone on Japan's Softbank network.

Yup.

I wonder why SB doesn't go after TMo? It's network is compatible with SB's HSPA/GSM network. They can add LTE to it, as ATT has done, rather than the also-ran technology that Clearwire offers with Wi-Mi or Mi-Fi or whatever it's called. I remember a time, not too long ago, when there was talk that Sprint was looking to dump their investment in Clearwire.

One of Vodafones superb deals to sell to Softbank. I found Japan to have really poor coverage with its 9 cell phone companies especially rural and and also dead spots in major cities.

2:35 PM Sprint raises its offer for Clearwire $5/share, well above Dish's $4.40/share tender offer.

Last edited:
2:35 PM Sprint raises its offer for Clearwire $5/share, well above Dish's $4.40/share tender offer.
with Sprint whining to the court, I was thinking they might have run out of steam. Might be getting to the point where Dish won't top the offer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts