DISH Makes TV Easy with New Hopper Plus™

Another ongoing issue with Joey 4s and probably the HP

Any time I leave live Dish and watch any streaming app or just stay on Android TV home screen for longer than about 15 minutes and come back to the last live channel I was watching on Dish the screen is always a black screen. The 2 easiest ways I have to found to get a live picture again is either change the channel up or down by one or go the guide and pick a different channel and go back to the channel that had the black screen. I have tried the obvious troubleshooting steps...reset, unplug wait 10 mins. (both of these on J4 and H3), unscrew coax wait 10 mins, unplug HDMI try another input on TV. None of these have helped.

Another ongoing issue with Joey 4s and probably the HP

Any time I leave live Dish and watch any streaming app or just stay on Android TV home screen for longer than about 15 minutes and come back to the last live channel I was watching on Dish the screen is always a black screen. The 2 easiest ways I have to found to get a live picture again is either change the channel up or down by one or go the guide and pick a different channel and go back to the channel that had the black screen. I have tried the obvious troubleshooting steps...reset, unplug wait 10 mins. (both of these on J4 and H3), unscrew coax wait 10 mins, unplug HDMI try another input on TV. None of these have helped.
Actually, the one I did today, twice went to that black screen and I just hit the select button and it seems to wake it up.

Tech was here this morning. Got the new plus unit a little further along then it hung up. He noticed before he tried the new plus that my Hopper 3 was showing a log of 138 internal errors. He will be stopping later today and doing a Hopper 3 swap

That works if you are on the black screen when it happens or it hasn't been very long but not if you've left and come back after about 15 minutes plus.
The Hoppers and specifically the Joeys have had Black Screen issues for a few years. Fixes have included reboots, going to the SD Preview Channel 103 and then a local channel or replacing equipment. I'm not happy seeing this is prevalent on the new equipment

The Hoppers and specifically the Joeys have had Black Screen issues for a few years. Fixes have included reboots, going to the SD Preview Channel 103 and then a local channel or replacing equipment. I'm not happy seeing this is prevalent on the new equipment
I have to believe in this case it's Android TV/software related. What are the chances of having a HP and 2 Joey 4s doing the same thing?

A new hopper 3 and a 3rd hopper plus I’m up and running. Pain in the butt. They didn’t authorize the second hopper plus before they plugged it in and tried resetting and it gave a dos looking screen about corrupt software. At that point they tried blaming my power? I got out my multi meter and showed them 122v at outlet and have never had problems, even though the hopper showed all those internal errors. He got a fresh 3rd hopper plus, initiated it and waited 10 min to hook it to the new hopper and all is well. Craziest install I have had in 28 years with dish

Woke this morning to an unlinked Joey and a hopper plus with some black screen and playback error message, guide would pull up but kept getting that message when selecting a channel. After restarting every thing including the access point they are all working. Hopefully this isn’t a every morning issue. Maybe it was just updating overnight and will be more stable from now on.

Woke this morning to an unlinked Joey and a hopper plus with some black screen and playback error message, guide would pull up but kept getting that message when selecting a channel. After restarting every thing including the access point they are all working. Hopefully this isn’t a every morning issue. Maybe it was just updating overnight and will be more stable from now on.
I have a feeling you're going to see more of the black screen stuff.