Dish may drop E! and Style

• ISSUES POSTING REPLIES

WE UNDERSTAND SOME PEOPLE CAN NOT REPLY TO POSTS AND WE ARE WORKING N IT.

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Yea, the Style channel just happened to be on at my house (Don't ask me why anyone in my house would watch this garbage) and I saw the commercial that they put together trying to scare people and telling them to cancel Dish.

All I can say based on my experence, there is a very good chance this channel will go away on 1/1/11 and will remain off for a very long time. Heres why...

#1 Its in the Top250 package, and I would estimate that about 12% actually subscribe to this package unlike AT120 which is about 50%

#2 I have been selling new accounts for 12 years, I can't honestly remember that last time anyone insisted that they get the Style channel

#3 I can't imagine anyone calling to complain that this channel is missing, I doubt many people will realize its missing if its removed.

End result? Dish looses this channel for a month or so, Style realizes they are loosing all the revenue and Charlie gets his way again.
What about E! channel?

just because you dislike or dont like the channel doesnt mean you should down play it. Im sure others see the pattern here and it makes it hard to justify signing a contract when your not really sure if you will have the OPTION to view the channels currently offered today, tomorrow. I couldnt careless about E! however between Disney HD channels, this, FX, etc it get tiresome.
These guys don't understand that, they just go with what even makes Dish Network not look as bad, They just down play everything.

If Chuck Dropped everything but the shopping channels, these guys would still be like

"OH well, I only liked the shopping channels anyway":rolleyes:

Maybe the holdup is the RSN CSN Phily. Perhaps Comcast doesn't want to include this channel. They've already dropped the RSN CSN CA.

This certainly will not fare well for Comcast. This will probably make the Feds look even harder at the pending merger with NBC. If they can't play nice now it will get even worse when they get bigger and gain control of USA, SyFy, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, Chiller, and Sleuth.

no big loss with e or style never watched those channels add some really good hd not these crappy shopping channels and e and style:)

This certainly will not fare well for Comcast. This will probably make the Feds look even harder at the pending merger with NBC. If they can't play nice now it will get even worse when they get bigger and gain control of USA, SyFy, MSNBC, CNBC, Bravo, Chiller, and Sleuth.

+1 I hope they block the merger real bad or put some real teeth into the merger:)

just because you dislike or dont like the channel doesnt mean you should down play it. Im sure others see the pattern here and it makes it hard to justify signing a contract when your not really sure if you will have the OPTION to view the channels currently offered today, tomorrow. I couldnt careless about E! however between Disney HD channels, this, FX, etc it get tiresome.

Thanks, couldn't have said it better.

Ross

These guys don't understand that, they just go with what even makes Dish Network not look as bad, They just down play everything.

If Chuck Dropped everything but the shopping channels, these guys would still be like

"OH well, I only liked the shopping channels anyway":rolleyes:

I don't watch any of these channels either, but I would be PO'ed if the channels were lost. At some point you're going to lose a channel you do watch if this keeps up.

Is that in the Top 100,200 how about Top 250?

So how would one Subscribe to Fashion?

Fashion TV is in HD Platinum [Note: MoviePlex and Pixl are but are not listed on the site since they were recently added].
However, I would not say that the programming is equivalent although you think it would be from the names of the channels.
If Style and E! are dropped from Dish, hopefully they add channels in their place like they did when FX, FSN, and Nat Geo were gone for a little while. My guess is that Fashion TV would be in the place for Style. I am not sure about E!. What entertainment channel would be a filler for it that is not already in America's Top 120?

Well, if you gave me the choice between Dish losing E! and Style, vs Directv losing the Golf Channel, I'll happily take the Dish option.

What is "scary" is that Comcast owns E!, Style, Golf Channel, and Versus. They also have part of G4. I also guess this is why we do not see PBS Kids Sprout, MLB Network, FEARnet, and TV One on Dish.

Fashion TV is in HD Platinum [Note: MoviePlex and Pixl are but are not listed on the site since they were recently added].
However, I would not say that the programming is equivalent although you think it would be from the names of the channels.
If Style and E! are dropped from Dish, hopefully they add channels in their place like they did when FX, FSN, and Nat Geo were gone for a little while. My guess is that Fashion TV would be in the place for Style. I am not sure about E!. What entertainment channel would be a filler for it that is not already in America's Top 120?

I guess Dish Network will have to create their own entertainment channel?(they did it to The Weather Channel which gave The Weather Channel a cold dose of reality).;):D:rolleyes:

I guess Dish Network will have to create their own entertainment channel?(they did it to The Weather Channel which gave The Weather Channel a cold dose of reality).;):D:rolleyes:

lol That would be something to watch. The Weathercast did not last very long either.

Front page news in the local MudSlide - TV Disputes threaten to hit viewers.

Suddenlink Cable is in DANGER of losing all the Viacom channels because of a 20% rate hike and Viacom pushing "R Rated" EPIX movie channel.

DirecTV is having carriage dispute with RayCom Video Group so local NBC might disappear off DirecTV tomorrow.

Local Ramar Communications is also in dispute with DirecTV wanting them to either carry all 4 of its channels (FOX, MyTV, CW and Telemundo all are carried except Telemundo) or stop advertizing that they carry ALL local stations.

Just shows that Dish is not the only one!

Until these carriers grow some backbone and start saying NO these media giants will price gouge us into oblivion.

Alternate channels are the way to go - tell them you are tooo expensive, we will create our own channel like yours for 1/2 the price - go to ____.

Front page news in the local MudSlide -
Suddenlink Cable is in DANGER of losing all the Viacom channels because of a 20% rate hike and Viacom pushing "R Rated" EPIX movie channel.
There is no R-rated Epix channel that I am aware of.

I always support Dish in these things... They are having lots of disputes lately. Everyone is not a 'bully'. It would probably be a good idea if Dish tried to work out the next few negotiations quietly. They are starting to get a perception problem and Dish is starting to look like the are the lowballing 'bully' of the industry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)