Dish mounting arm sizes?

owlbox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2004
MA
Repointing the dish

Do they make the DBS wall mounts with different length arms? My installer mounted mine too close to the gutter overhang and therefore can't adjust the arm so the mounting point is vertical. Because of this it is very difficult to adjust the az / el on the dish. There is an interaction between the two adjustments when the mount point is sloping out away from the wall. I'd prefer to change the mount so it sticks out a few inches more. Otherwise there's going to be extra holes in the side of my house when we move the dish down a few inches. :mad:

Why not just drop it down a foot or so to clear the gutter? Or move it elsewhere?

If they can repeak it ok where it is, that would be best. No more holes!
But to me it seems that the mast should be vertical where the elevation assy. attaches. That way changing az. doesn't change elev. and vice versa. I'm getting power=65-70 s/n=12/6 and q=86 now. Does it need to be reaimed? If so, do I call Voom or Installs?

I agree, I had the same situation with my 24" dish at my last house, there was no way to mount it easily to have a plumb mast and it was a B* to get it spot-on. There was a very tiny window where I got a decent signal. Where I am now, I put it on my roof with the mast plumb and the sweet spot is much wider, it's easier to tune in a strong signal.

New dish

I emailed Joe Harkins. If I can get them to come out and re-point the dish, maybe I can upgrade to 24" while I'm at it. Stark is close by here to buy the dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)