Dish?!?!?!?!?!?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

socalpanman

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 12, 2005
San Rafael CA
So how many dishes does it take with E* to get HD, movies, locals and the cable favorites?

My neighbor has 2. I see some with 3 plus around our block.

Where is E* in regards to mpeg4? Which boxes work will, which will need to be replaced and which are upgradeable?

So many providers so little straight talk.

Right now I get all my HD, movies, locals and the standard type of channels all on one dish 500 pointed at the 110/119 birds.

I am going to add another dish to point at the 61.5 bird for the new voom channels dish will be starting.

mpeg4 later this year, dish demoed a 411 HD (mpeg4) receiver recently, there is a link in the dish forums with pics and screen shots.

Currently there are no dish receivers available for subscribers that can be upgraded to mpeg4. When the technology is deployed, it will be time for new receivers.

Yes, but not pointed in the direction you need to leave it in to continue to receive the rest of your programming. :D

A properly pointed SuperDish will allow you to receive 119, 110 and *either* 105 or 121 depending on the type of SuperDish. (The one in my avitar is a 105.)

61.5 can be picked up by a Dish300 (single sat dish about 18") or if you have one spare a Dish500 can be used (as I do) for 61.5 . There is a sticky in the Dish Network forum here at Sat Guys with more information on wiring.

JL

justalurker said:
Excelent idea. Set up a scale railroad in the back yard and a few buildings and make the dishes look like scale replicas on a base!

Camoflage.

JL
OK another great excuse to build the garden RR!!!! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts