Dish 'N it Up Rebate

brentp

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Just printed out the form for my rebate for a 722 upgrade in the works (install is scheduled for later today). Looks like this will be a one time credit to my account (from the rebate form) and the CSR that took the work order, said it would be $100.

Sure is better then the $10 for 10 months that I thought it was.

Can anyone confirm this.

It's VERY VERY confusing but there was a Dish 'N it Up rebate that gave a one time $100 credit for each receiver you updated but that ended a few days ago. Then there is a $100 credit given as $10 a month for 10 months for adding the $20 HD package (different from the $10 HD package for those without an MPEG4 receiver.)

They CLAIM I'm going to score 200 bucks for my new receivers plus the 10X10 for the HD channels package, but I haven't spent the money yet. Remember this is coming from Charlie Ergen and his (somethings); hardly a bunch of folks with good reputations (with me anyway... see "PocketDish & HD" elsewhere on this site).

BTW, they had a rebate status web page but it was no longer working when I last checked it.

Yea it is confusing. I don't recall if the CSR that took the order mentioned it was a one time, or a $10 over 10 type rebate. All she said was it was a $100 rebate on the 'upfront' payment - plus "free HD for 6 months (worth $120)". I might have been assuming the rebate was $10 over 10 (or maybe she slipped that in - who knows).

Anyway, . . . now I believe now it is a one time rebate (and believe it is for $100) and then the free HD for 6 months (worth $120.) that replaced the $10 over 10 that expired on 8/14/07. Sounds like a better deal now. Oh well - we will see what happens in time.

Here's a link to the details and form.

DISH Network -- What's on DISH -- Promotion

The CSR I spoke to (me in English; him in Indo-English) when I upgraded my 211 to 622 told me all the good "free" things I was going to get. I had to tell him that I was getting nothing since I was an existing cusotmer with AEP/Locals/HD. No free HD or movies, etc., just the $100 rebate from the $149 charge and 18 month DHA. He said he was sorry for telling me about free things others were getting--like I didn't know already.

It says it's never heard of me. But like I said I haven't spent the money yet.

I called customer service a while ago on an other issue but asked what she could tell me about my rebate and she told me that it's on the way unless they contact me to say there is a problem.

Ya, right!!
The check is in the mail--in 8-10 weeks if you're lucky. Isn't it amazing how fast they get your money, but it takes them so long to give your money back? The interest alone on all the upgrade lease fees would make Charlie & Co. rich beyond imagination. I would settle for 1% of the fees.

The check is in the mail--in 8-10 weeks if you're lucky. Isn't it amazing how fast they get your money, but it takes them so long to give your money back? The interest alone on all the upgrade lease fees would make Charlie & Co. rich beyond imagination. I would settle for 1% of the fees.

Oh it's not beyond imagination... trust me.

. . . . Isn't it amazing how fast they get your money, but it takes them so long to give your money back? The interest alone on all the upgrade lease fees would make Charlie & Co. rich beyond imagination. I would settle for 1% of the fees.

That, . . . and all the folks that fail to claim the rebate too. There is an art to rebates, . . . many companies out there that do this as a "service" for retailers. Retailer pays them a set fee per rebate product sold, . . . then they 'pad' their profit from those that fail to claim the rebate or fail to claim it with proper paper work.

Its a game, . . . I too would simply prefer the discount upfront, . . . but am willing to play if that's what it takes. :)

For those of us that upgraded to HD after 8/15 is it everyone's understanding that we get $100 rebate and 6 months of free HD? For the life of me I can't rmemebr specificall what I was told on the phone when I upgraded but I thought it was something like that, yet when I go to Dish's site I see nothing about the $100 rebate and there isn't a form for such a rebate except for the one brentp linked to and that one requires certain programming, none of which I purchased.

For those of us that upgraded to HD after 8/15 is it everyone's understanding that we get $100 rebate and 6 months of free HD? For the life of me I can't rmemebr specificall what I was told on the phone when I upgraded but I thought it was something like that, yet when I go to Dish's site I see nothing about the $100 rebate and there isn't a form for such a rebate except for the one brentp linked to and that one requires certain programming, none of which I purchased.

That's my understanding, . . . $100 rebate and 6 months free HD. BTW - the rebate form I provided the link to is what the CSR told me to fill out for the $100 rebate.

FWIW - I just got my 722 receiver installed yesterday. So, . . . I looked at my bill activity this morning to see if all was 'cool'. I can see the first 2 months of 'Free HD' show up as credits (why 2 - I don't know, but at least they are there). They are numbered 1 of 6, 2 of 6, . . . so it is pretty clear that the 6 months of free HD is taking place on my bill.

As for the rebate, . . . I was told it was going to be $100. Wasn't clear to me when I put in the work order if it was a one time or $10 over 10 rebate. The form is clear it will be a one time credit to the account, . . . but doesn't specify an amount. As for programming to qualify, . . . I don't know what you have, but it looks like pretty much anything qualifies, . . . as long as you were a sub for 1 year or more.

That's my understanding, . . . $100 rebate and 6 months free HD. BTW - the rebate form I provided the link to is what the CSR told me to fill out for the $100 rebate.

FWIW - I just got my 722 receiver installed yesterday. So, . . . I looked at my bill activity this morning to see if all was 'cool'. I can see the first 2 months of 'Free HD' show up as credits (why 2 - I don't know, but at least they are there). They are numbered 1 of 6, 2 of 6, . . . so it is pretty clear that the 6 months of free HD is taking place on my bill.

As for the rebate, . . . I was told it was going to be $100. Wasn't clear to me when I put in the work order if it was a one time or $10 over 10 rebate. The form is clear it will be a one time credit to the account, . . . but doesn't specify an amount. As for programming to qualify, . . . I don't know what you have, but it looks like pretty much anything qualifies, . . . as long as you were a sub for 1 year or more.

Upon further review I realize now that the $100 credit is not for picking any Dish package but for the DVR upgrade. I think that's why it is a one time $100 credit.

I also looked at my bill and there are so many credits and debits that I don't know what is going on. Right now they say my balance is -$86. Wierd. Think I need to make a call and see what is going on.

I also looked at my bill and there are so many credits and debits that I don't know what is going on. Right now they say my balance is -$86. Wierd. Think I need to make a call and see what is going on.

:):):):):)

Me too - lots of adds, deletes, partial fees, partial credits, etc. In addition to the equipment changes, I made some programming changes as well. Good luck walking through it - I got through mine, but took awhile to understand what was going on.

I will say - they were nice last night. I wanted extra remotes, . . . price was less than eBay buy it now, . . . and no shipping.

I just called Dish and upgraded an 811 to a 722, took the Dish-in-it-Up 18 mos. The rebate for that is $100 in 8 -10 weeks, not in $10 credits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)