pip feature, using dish network

wheels

Original poster
Aug 23, 2007
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board. So please excuse my stupidity. Could somebody tell me how to get the PiP function on my Vizio Tv to work? Using a 322 receiver. I bought an RF modulator, if that will help any? Also, I'm using RCA cables. All of the RCA connections on the back of my TV are taken. I'm also trying to run my Magnavox DVD player on my TV. So could someone please tell me how to hook up these items to get the Pip function to work? Let me know if I need to purchase any other items to get this function on my tv to work?

Thank You

Well first off, your Satellite box has two tuners. This allows these two tuners to output to two TVs, or in your case two inputs on a single TV.

First tell us where you have the connections from the 322 connected to.

I don't know if it is the same with your receiver but I had the 622 for about a year before I figured out I had to have it in single mode for the PIP to work. It does the PIP through the receiver and not through my tv's PIP function.

If your talking about the RCA cables? They are going from the 322 into the back of the TV. Thank You

Are you connecting just one set of outputs from the 322 to the TV (ie TV1) or are you connecting two sets of outputs to the TV (ie TV1 & TV2)?

the 322 doesnt have builtin pip

you'd have to put both inputs into the tv and your tv has to do pip

the 322 doesnt have builtin pip

you'd have to put both inputs into the tv and your tv has to do pip

My tv does have PIP capability. Both inputs into the tv. Are you talking about going from the outputs on Tuner1&2 to the inputs on the back of the TV? Will that conflict with the connection I have in the other room?

yes room 2 is served by the 322, by running a coax to it. BFG, how do I go about hooking up the rca to room 1? Will I need the video rf modular? Thank You

I should add. I had a VCR. But the Dish Tech told me it didn't have enough RCA in/outputs on it. Plus, the VCR didn't work. So he had said to go buy a new VCR. But, when I went to buy a new VCR. The sales rep said, all I needed was a rf video modular. Not, a VCR.

Last edited:
there are tv2 rca outputs in the back of the 322 tv2 outsputs are inside a shaded region

ok, just to clarify for the OP...
if you choose to do PIP on your tv, the second window will have to watch the same thing that is on in the room served by the TV2 from the reciever.
Also, you will have to use both Dish network remotes. One for each side of the PIP.
Just because your tv supports PIP (for cable or OTA) doesnt mean it will work well with dish.
Not with your receiver... there are other receivers that had PIP functionality built in, but not the 322... sorry

Thanks for all your help and responses eveyone. I guess, I'll just have to live with the ways things are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)