DISH needs to Carry One America News Network

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am paying an extra $10 a month for the News Pack, so put it there then. I am already paying for it. You're talking about a channel that would cost Dish about 20 cents a month.

$0.20/month totals around $2,500,000/month Dish would have to pay OAN if the channel were available to all subscribers. That's pretty pricey for a channel that Media Bias/Fact Check lists as far right and their factual reporting as "Mixed".

$0.20/month totals around $2,500,000/month Dish would have to pay OAN if the channel were available to all subscribers. That's pretty pricey for a channel.
My suggestion is that they only put it into the Top 250 and News Pack, that is a very limited and elite group of subscribers.

At some point Dish has got to start making people happy or risk losing more and more customers. I think I can handle 20 cents. I am paying for stuff like Viacom and El Rey already.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
I'm quite happy. The Welcome pack is extremely cheap, gives me a DVR for locals and access to 2 TB of saved movies on the EHD.

Then by splicing it with Slingtv, I save a chunk of change that lets me get three premiums (half off of course) on Dish and I'm still paying less than I would for Directv without premiums (Total Choice).

Yes, very happy. There are plenty of avenues for people to get the slanted news they desire
online.

i would say dish if you are going to add this channel add at least add it in high definition getting tired of watching stuff in standard definition and about time all the channels that have high definition feeds should be added on dish you know.then we can start talking about ultra 4k HD channels.

My suggestion is that they only put it into the Top 250 and News Pack, that is a very limited and elite group of subscribers.

At some point Dish has got to start making people happy or risk losing more and more customers. I think I can handle 20 cents. I am paying for stuff like Viacom and El Rey already.

If you don’t like it, then cancel. None of us here have any say in what channels they carry. Stop whining and move along already :coco

OAN is awesome. Easily my favorite channel for true news. I’ve locked out CNN & HLN on all my DVRs as it’s easily the worst out there. If it wasn’t for Tucker I’d lock out Fox as well but OAN is like a breath of fresh air. Hopefully Dish adds it.
I love OANN and Switch to DirecTV and they have it in HD but it’s your choice

It has established viewership and a ratings history. Why is that so difficult to understand? The job of Dish as a company is not to carry every single channel in existence just to please you and a handful of other people. The company exists to make money.

Just to be clear: I don’t watch MSNBC. I’m just stating a fact.

Reactions: pattykay
MSNBC is listed as far left and mixed there but we have it.

I was going to post the same thing...

But then I remembered, BSNBC is an older and more established network. :D

OANN is a a great channel, I enjoy it on DirecTV. It's one of the reasons I continue to subscribe to DirecTV and cable.

Dish has 3 major news outlets available in it's more popular program packages.
Left Wing -- MSNBC
Centrist -- CNN (Yes, CNN is centrist despite what President Trump, FNN and Brietbart try to claim.
Right Wing -- Fox News Network

FYI, Dish is under no obligation to provide any of these if the ratings versus cost don't make fiscal sense. If you want to watch something else you can leave Dish or maybe buy a Roku and subscribe to their internet packages.

How about they don't put it in any package, and make a lot more people happy they're not paying for it...

This guy reminds me of a Woman in Phoenix, originally from Buffalo, NY, who posts on a local Buffalo forum and all she posts are negative stories about Buffalo. Anything she can find, she'll post and talk about how great Phoenix is and that Buffalo is a dead city, etc... really annoying. Truth is, Buffalo is a vibrant, amazing city riding a huge comeback tidal wave, but still, trolls should be removed

Seriously? The city of Buffalo is a dump, and the East Side should just be imploded.

You're right, Buffalo is on the comeback though. It's now the # 10 most dangerous city in the US. Used to be #8 I think. Baby steps!

Buffalo - pg.10

The only good thing abut this area is Sheriff Howard

Back in the early 90’s, I helped my grandparents launch a successful campaign to add a religious station to Time Warner Cable. I have no idea if the process is similar with a satellite company or not, but it was a very involved process. We had to have a petition, a certain number of signatures, prove viewership, etc. In the end we won, but like previous posters said, it’s not the job of any entertainment service to provide every channel.

Dish has 3 major news outlets available in it's more popular program packages.
Left Wing -- MSNBC
Centrist -- CNN (Yes, CNN is centrist despite what President Trump, FNN and Brietbart try to claim.
Right Wing -- Fox News Network

FYI, Dish is under no obligation to provide any of these if the ratings versus cost don't make fiscal sense. If you want to watch something else you can leave Dish or maybe buy a Roku and subscribe to their internet packages.
"CNN is Centrist." Thanks for giving me a good laugh! Also, the moon is made of Swiss Cheese.

Reactions: Jon J and JSheridan
If having that one channel is so important, then go ahead and switch to a provider that has it. Problem solved.

I think most people would not switch providers just for one channel because there are a lot of other factors to consider (cost, what other channels are provided, DVR and receiver functionality, etc).

I think Dish should treat OAN like any other channel. If enough people want it, and Dish thinks that it will help gain/keep customers, and Dish can come to a reasonable agreement, then they will certainly get that channel.

"CNN is Centrist." Thanks for giving me a good laugh! Also, the moon is made of Swiss Cheese.
It is hard to find an unbiased news channel these days. Most news channels try to differentiate themselves to get viewers and so they lean one way or the other. Most viewers, on the other hand, tend to watch the news shows that parrot their own beliefs, so a news channel that one viewer thinks is fair and unbiased, another viewer with different beliefs would feel just the opposite way. I try to watch a variety of news channels so that I can see what both sides are saying and then make up my own mind. Limiting yourself to just watching and believing news from just one source means that your mind is already made up and you are only watching news that reinforces your beliefs.

Limiting yourself to just watching and believing news from just one source means that your mind is already made up and you are only watching news that reinforces your beliefs.

185FEEBF-0B3C-4B1A-8E18-6636F8A1FE51.gif

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)