Dish Network Cancellation Billing

sneako

Original poster
Nov 5, 2010
wergewrg
I setup a cancellation of my dish service a month and a half ago. I told the CSR that I wanted to cancel it immediately on the final billing day so that I would not get charged for a new month (since they don't give prorated refunds).

I received my final bill in the mail today and it's quite interesting...

"Previous Statement Balance: 52.54"
"Credit: America's Top 120 41.30"
"Credit: Service Plan 6.19"
"Credit: America's Top 120 3.86"
"Receiver Return 15.00"
"Credit: State/Local Tax 0.10"
"Total AutoPay 16.09"

So...as you can see there is an extra $1.09 tacked on there from something. The CSR I spoke with about this extra charge had no reason at all that dignified the extra charge. In fact...they explained how nice they were to issue me 4 different credits... I informed them that I had cancelled prior to another month, in addition my last month was auto-charged to my credit card for the full 52.54.

The CSR' excuses:
- My previous payment wasn't in full (it was auto-pay and I have a CC statement declaring a payment of 52.54)
- There was a partial month billing (I approved a cancellation of my service prior to the beginning of a new month in order to avoid more charges...in addition I have transcripts detailing they do not give partial month refunds and/or charges)

I asked him if he'd kindly prepare all of their customers' billing records from the past year and ensure that they all actually say $15.00 for billing after the customer cancelled with auto-pay turned on and it occurred prior to the next month beginning to avoid further charges...the CSR then stated that he'd like to offer me a $1.09 credit for my trouble since it was billed in error.

I then told him I think the attorney general will feel differently about the "error" and a significant charge will be held against dish after he finds out about the fraudulent billing practices....

To cut it short..anybody else get billed a simple $15 for the usage of the return label for the equipment or were you billed a little bit extra? Class-action anyone?

They messed up. You caught them. They offered a credit. You want to make a lawyer rich, our bills go up to pay for it and then we will all get 5 PPV coupons in the mail.

Good looking out.

They messed up. You caught them. They offered a credit. You want to make a lawyer rich, our bills go up to pay for it and then we will all get 5 PPV coupons in the mail.

Good looking out.

What this guy said!

Claude Greiner said:
It says right on the paper attatched to the shipping label that you will be billed $15 if you use it.

If you read the post , he is actually complaining about the extra 1.09 that he got billed over the 15 dollars. I would wonder where that came from but then again, i can find an extra 1.09 under my front car seat so i wouldn't sue anybody over that, which he also talks about. Wouldnt be worth the effort tp be awarded a little over a buck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)