Dish Network Carriage Agreement Question

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was reading the following article from Reuters regarding the Time Warner/Disney disputes:

Time Warner Cable, Disney near carriage agreement | Reuters

The very last sentence is what interests me and how it relates to Dish Network - "Dish also may want to tread carefully as it faces a big year-end carriage showdown with News Corp./Fox, which is also renegotiating a retrans deal with Cablevision that comes up in October."

I am wondering what channels does that include? Is it just Fox News and Fox Business? Or are there other Fox channels included as well?

I am wondering what channels does that include? Is it just Fox News and Fox Business? Or are there other Fox channels included as well?

News Corporation

attachment.php

Attachments

• fox.jpg
    fox.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 641
Wow Nat Geo is listed twice. And I'm not talking about wild.
True, but the name is apparently continued on a 2nd line. So they have a US feed, and a non-US feed. Now you've got me curious about what's on the non-US feed.

Ironically, Charlie has spoken positively about his negotiations with NewsCorp/Fox channels. His biggest tiffs have been with Viacom, CBS (separate companies under the same corporate holding), Lifetime (A&E TV Nets), VS. (Comcast) and Comcast's other sports channels, and, of course, Disney. I may have forgotten a few. I would hope things go well with negotiations with NewsCorp/Fox.

DishSubLA said:
Ironically, Charlie has spoken positively about his negotiations with NewsCorp/Fox channels. His biggest tiffs have been with Viacom, CBS (separate companies under the same corporate holding), Lifetime (A&E TV Nets), VS. (Comcast) and Comcast's other sports channels, and, of course, Disney. I may have forgotten a few. I would hope things go well with negotiations with NewsCorp/Fox.

Atleast Charlie and Viacom are friends now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts