DISH Network Charges Forward With Another Round of National HD Channel Launches

I really can't believe they are going through with adding WFN. What a waste of bandwidth. This channel has zero HD content and even the SD content looks like crap. Hopefully it will get better in the future.

To avoid confusion, you will get them with AT250 as well.

KAB,

NO, Smithsonian HD and MGM HD will only available if you have the Dish Ultimate HD service. You could have HD ONLY package and you would get them, or you could have the Top100 and get them just as long as you have the ULITMATE HD package which is an additional $20 per month over and about whatever SD service you currently have.

If as a current subscriber you do NOT have the HD Only package, or you only have the Essential HD package then you will NOT get Smithsonian HD and MGM HD.

John

Ah, but since you can't get the EI package or Sunday Ticket with E* doesn't make much sence to count them as national especially since they are only on for games (which you can't get out of area).

LakeBlum,

Why mention the Sunday Ticket as an excuse to not count the RSN's as national channels since no regular Season NFL football air on ANY RSN. Sure, lots of MLB HD games are a reason to list RSN's as national channels, as are NHL HD Games, and NBA HD games.

In the end the MLB EI Package would be the only reason to get DirecTV over Dish given your RSN argument. Sure, neither NFL nor MLB HD games will be available on a national basis on Dish Network, but again the RSN argument is mote as RSN's do not air regular season NFL games. If your argument is that Dish should NOT count RSN HD feeds as national because none of their HD feeds of Pro Sports would be available, I say BullC#$P, the RSN's have other Pro Sports in HD that ARE carried in OOM packages on Dish Network namely NBA Full Court and NHL Center Ice. Both mentioned OOM packages are repackaged RSN HD feeds made available to the entire US Market.

John

KAB,

NO, Smithsonian HD and MGM HD will only available if you have the Dish Ultimate HD service. You could have HD ONLY package and you would get them, or you could have the Top100 and get them just as long as you have the ULITMATE HD package which is an additional $20 per month over and about whatever SD service you currently have.

If as a current subscriber you do NOT have the HD Only package, or you only have the Essential HD package then you will NOT get Smithsonian HD and MGM HD.

John

...and you know this how? (What is your source of information?)

Has this question been answered yet, will all the new HDs be on 129 and if so are they going to be more compressed due to BW issue or DISH actually has enough room on 129 to add them? When I say enough room I consider 7 HDs (or whatever the current number) on one transponder limit.

You shouldn't notice a difference between 61.5 and 129.

I second that, how do you know??? I was bummed as I only have AT200 and Dish Ultimate, but if they are adding it to the Dish Ultimate, hell yeah!

I guess that would make sense, these channels do not have SD equivalents, right? So adding them to AT250 would not do anyone without HD any good, so they would not be able to be used as a selling point for AT250 to SD subs.......very interesting. I sure hope John is correct!!!

I thought Sat Guys were savvy tech people?

You guys are getting all wet about all of these HD channels. Do you really think all of these channels are HD? Or just feeding SD to a big screen and calling it HD? How can all of these channels have already amassed HD libraries? Biography HD? ABC Family HD? Can't wait to see all those Full House episodes in HD! All of those Bravo reality shows are shot in SD. Are you guys on crack? This whole HD rush is a total sham and you are falling for it hook line and sinker. Every major cable network is B.S. ing you on HD content. Direct has been lying for over a year and now Dish is doing the same and you are all gushing over it. Wake up!

My wife lives on that channel plus Nancy Grace on cnn headlines. She wants those two channels. If I moved down to the $30 hd only, she would kill me.

Scott I really need msg-hd, by next fall to keep me on dish. I can't bare to watch another buffalo sabres game in over compressed sd,when twc and D* is giving their subs HD.

Keep your clothes on and have fun watching those Sabres! :D

Actually, looking at the latest progressions with that case. Charlie may end up owning some of those channels when he's done with Rupert.

You're talking about two different cases. One has to do with piracy and the other (which we are concerned with) has to do with which teir Fox channels are placed in per agreement. Someone set me straight if I'm wrong.

You guys are getting all wet about all of these HD channels. Do you really think all of these channels are HD? Or just feeding SD to a big screen and calling it HD? How can all of these channels have already amassed HD libraries? Biography HD? ABC Family HD? Can't wait to see all those Full House episodes in HD! All of those Bravo reality shows are shot in SD. Are you guys on crack? This whole HD rush is a total sham and you are falling for it hook line and sinker. Every major cable network is B.S. ing you on HD content. Direct has been lying for over a year and now Dish is doing the same and you are all gushing over it. Wake up!

Oh, really? Thank you.

btw... I got a phone call with an exclusive offer to get in first on some new land parcels in Florida. I'm not sure what to do. Could you help me out?

What a great time to have signed up with Dish and the DishHD package! I have had it less than a month and 19 net new HD channels! Is this gonna happen every month! :D I hope so!

Now all *I* need is Comedy Central HD (I just want the channel and don't care if it is HD or not) and I will be very happy.
+1

BigThrust,

Its Dish policy. The only channels are available to Dish Subs with the Essential HD ($10) are channels that have a SD counterpart. Neither Smithsonian HD nor MGM HD have a SD counterpart, thus they will only be available in the Ultimate HD package, or to subs with the HD only package.

John

okeedokee. :rolleyes:

Now how exactly would we get to see what HD content they do have, and new HD as it is rolled out, IF WE DONT HAVE THE CHANNELS to start with?!?!?

You're primary viewing is a 12" B&W TV w/ rabbit ears at home, isn't it? :D Don't need any of this new fangled stuff, right?

I think I speak for all of the guys here and we do appreciate this very enlightening information.:D

okeedokee. :rolleyes:

Now how exactly would we get to see what HD content they do have, and new HD as it is rolled out, IF WE DONT HAVE THE CHANNELS to start with?!?!?

+1

Oh... not to mention that I will be getting 16 new channels I didn't have before because I have the HD Only package.

KAB,

John

I don't think so. I think they will put them in the 250 pack. I have Ultimate HD and I don't get Science or Nat. Geo. in HD (or SD). The Ultimate is the Essential plus VOOM, it doesn't include all HD. I hope I am wrong and they are added to the UltimateHD.

I don't think so. I think they will put them in the 250 pack. I have Ultimate HD and I don't get Science or Nat. Geo. in HD (or SD). The Ultimate is the Essential plus VOOM, it doesn't include all HD. I hope I am wrong and they are added to the UltimateHD.

Ultimate HD has more than just Voom, UniversalHD for one. Universal is not a Voom channel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)