Dish Network desperate to raise money to meet 5G deadline, source says

I agree, at the rate DirecTV is losing subscribers, I honestly believe Dish can outlast them and pick it up for peanuts.

But Dish needs money to outlast them, Dish with all their spectrum is a more attractive target , but no one to loan to them, my guess is there are some vultures out there waiting to pick up pieces of Dish for peanuts,
I'm a recent convert from direcTV. AT&T launched one too many price increases for me. I was a subscriber since 1995.

Nothing to do with it, Banks, especially today, want to see growth, after the $10 Billion bath they are taking on the Sinclair/Diamond/Bally deal, a deal that went bad partly because of a loss in subscribers, both in Providers (Dish and others) dropping them and cord cutting.

If Dish did not have this 5G albatross , I honestly believe they would be fine and easily could have outlasted DirecTV.and picked them up cheap in a merger/sale.
Yep the only thing of worth is the spectrum they own. Everything else no company cares about. A dying satellite company? Some 5g equipment that only some carriers can use? Dragged his feet far to long, and cant catch up without buckets of money, and losing time by the day.

Reactions: charlesrshell
If Dish fails to fulfill, and the government reclaims the spectrum, ain’t nobody gonna get that spectrum cheap.
If I remember correctly, they have until 2025 to finish the build out. if the FCC does not extend it, a lot can happen in the next two years.

I enjoy Bruce’s posts since they are informative. He seems to have insight on what is happening. I don’t believe that his posts are causing people to leave Dish. People are leaving all pay subscriptions such as cable and satellite and they are changing to streaming content. I just renewed another 2 year contract with Dish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The programmers are the real cause of many jumping ship from cable & satellite. Their fees are way too much. Back when a cable package was in the $50 range, people flocked to it. Today today sometimes in the $200 range, people cannot afford it. Face it, the choice is much better with streaming.

If Dish fails to fulfill, and the government reclaims the spectrum, ain’t nobody gonna get that spectrum cheap.
This is why they are saying that chances of bankruptcy look like they are increasing. Even if Charlie gets Echostar and DISH combined again, it won't change the fact he has too much debt and not enough funding and a constant churn from DISH and Sling TV. But maybe Charlie will work his "magic" with Amazon and they can lend him some $$$. :confused:

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've been happy with Boost Infinite. I have had trouble though in some buildings getting signal, sometimes small buildings, sometimes larger ones, but it isn't always consistent. Dish needs to start getting some income from this. Could help get people to loan him money.
Boost Infinite which DISH bought is not the DISH Wireless service as the later is known as Republic Wireless which is also a company they bought out but is only for DISH Network customers and probably the 5G network in question as you had to buy a special Samsung Galaxy S22 phone to get it working which were in reviews.

Switch to a better provider. Dish won't give people what they're willing to pay for. Bankrupt them.

1691698045196.png