Dish Network Dilirious Diplexer Dilemna

davetag1111

Original poster
Dec 7, 2012
Central New Jersey
I have:
2 TVs
1 Dish Network satellite dish (with 2 coaxial cables coming out the dish)
1 VIP722K (Dual Tuner DVR, which controls the picture on both TVs)
1 Diplexer (or similar looking splitter)
1 Dual Port Ground Block (2 in, 2 out)
1 Triplexer (right before the VIP722K DVR, 1 long wire connects to the Triplexer from outside the house, 3 very short (6 inch) wires connects to the VIP722K DVR
Verizon installer dismantled the outside wiring.
The outside wiring needs to be re-connected properly.
I know only the 1 diplexer was used, and the dual port ground block is still bolted to the outside house wall.
How would you re-connect the diplexer, to the dual port ground block, to the 2 separate coaxial cable runs going to the 2 TVs ??
Thank You in advance.​

call verizon and tell them to come back and make your install right again.....'
'
or post a picture of your scenario and help will be provided.

since you have a triplexer (diplexer and dpp separator combo) at the receiver there is essentially only one feed from the dish even though there may be two wires coming fron the dish.

will look for a diagram that may help you cuz I an to blew out to post in detail what you really need...lol

You need to connect a cable from one of the ports on the ground block to the SAT port on the diplexer. Then connect the cable that leads to the room with the receiver to the IN/OUT port on the diplexer. And finally, connect the cable that goes to your tv2 room to the VHF/UHF port on the diplexer.

Most installs will have dual coax coming off the dish to a dual ground block even if only one receiver is to be installed. It takes only a few seconds longer to run the dual than just a single drop. It makes adding a receiver in the future a whole lot easier.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)