Dish Network Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bob Fletcher1

On Vacation
Original poster
Mar 7, 2022
New Richmond, WI
This is probably one of the dumbest ideas of mine. I am moving in the summer to a rental with a south facing balcony totally which I am in control of it. Talking with management, they will not allow me to have a dish on my private balcony. The dish would not hang over but mounted on a small NPRM so nothing is attached to the property, no holes, nothing. I think they are under the impression that the dish is mounted in such a way that it would hang over the balcony or make the building look terrible with ugly installations. I know OTARD covers me, but this place has everything I need and with the hot housing market, I may not ever have a chance at a place that that has it all. I don't have a ton of money to spend on high dollar lawyers or the time to fight it myself. Where I am currently living, I could not have a dish due to no balcony or patio so I was out of luck but I knew that my current apartment where I am at now is temporary. Now that I am moving to a rental that has a south facing balcony is fantastic. Besides facing the right direction for satellite TV, I will be able to get some sun and work on my tan this summer. I have been thinking on a setup that would disguise a dish. Using a fake rock or some other camouflage would not work.

So now for the crazy part.

I was thinking of purchasing a Dish Playmaker so the dish for RV use. The dish is hidden behind a radome and management would not be the wiser since they cannot see a dish and I would remove or cover anything that would say Dish Network. I think this would work since I only will have one receiver with an EHD. Since with the majority of the programming and locals come from the 61.5 slot, the ones on 72 are no big deal so I don't care about those. For me only having one receiver with one tuner is plenty. It will be nice to be able to DVR the locals. With the Dish Network setup and what I stream, that is plenty to watch. I am not interested in DirecTV stream since they don't carry all the local channels in my market, and I can't be at the mercy of my ISP to watch tv. If I can make this setup work, that will be more than enough for me. Having the local channels come by satellite is important since of my new neighbors told me that OTA reception is lousy due to the poor terrain. He told me about this site to and that the members are knowledgeable and friendly and happy to help.

I have not even come close to purchasing anything yet before seeing if my idea is completely nuts or if there maybe another way to getting a dish that is under the radar. The ultimate fix is to win the lotto and build a satellite friendly house. In other words, not a chance in hell that will happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Latest posts