Dish Network equipment upgrade message

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Definitely did not know that hooking up a hard drive to a Wally would allow me to DVR show. Can a Wally record more than one show at a time?

And my second question is, what you referred to - does the wiring change for the Hopper/Joey system ?? I seem to remember that you do away with the little box that has two inputs to the older gear and use only single coax to the Hopper and Joeys.
You can record two shows at the same time on Wally but you would have to be watching one of them and the wiring for the hopper has changed depending on how far back you’re looking but you’re right, it’s only one cable from the dish now

I thinking of dropping 1 4k joey and 1 "leased" h3 and have 1 h3(bought) and 2 4k joey and adding HD wally to system just for me with addon DVR function just for me. at very lest will drop bill by 15$ I absolute despise whole house dvr systems and want nothing to do with them with leave me with wally hd option

I assuming if i do this i would have to have tech come to current setup i have might not work for it seeing it 2 h3 2 4k joey setup, also I read the wally dont have wifi or bluetooth? I would have to add both ? or would h3 be able to feed wally with internet? I have dish wifi adaptor but I think older then wally and even then h2

and for those that have wally is responsive or is sluggish and slow i like remember h2 being after one it updates? I will make do with 2 tuner so long as system it self isnt sluggish and laggy,

Last edited:
Reactions: charlesrshell
You can record two shows at the same time on Wally but you would have to be watching one of them and the wiring for the hopper has changed depending on how far back you’re looking but you’re right, it’s only one cable from the dish now
Unless you have an AirTV dongle on the Wally in which case, as mentioned above, you can record 2 off Dish and watch 1 OTA, or 1 Dish and 2 OTA, or 1 of each or any combination of the 4 tuners. The one kicker is if you are recording back to back episodes off a single timer. Due to early start and late ending of a timer the 2nd tuner will kick in to start the next episode before the 1st tuner is finished with the current episode thereby tying up both tuners. Not a big issue but something to be aware of.

Unless you have an AirTV dongle on the Wally in which case, as mentioned above, you can record 2 off Dish and watch 1 OTA, or 1 Dish and 2 OTA, or 1 of each or any combination of the 4 tuners. The one kicker is if you are recording back to back episodes off a single timer. Due to early start and late ending of a timer the 2nd tuner will kick in to start the next episode before the 1st tuner is finished with the current episode thereby tying up both tuners. Not a big issue but something to be aware of.
It's so nice having a Hopper 3 and not to worry about timer conflicts.

It's so nice having a Hopper 3 and not to worry about timer conflicts.
That is only true if you don't have OTA only for locals. OTA gets only two channels and conflicts, depending on how the tuners are set (early, late) and the number of programs that are needed to record. My wife had to give up recording Young Sheldon because two other programs were of a higher priority to her.