Dish Network Fees

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
Just got off the phone with Dish Network about wanting to upgrade my Legacy Receiver 3800 to a Duo VIP 622 HD DVR receiver and was told that in addition to paying $5.98 to use the DVR function, I also have to pay $7.00 monthly to lease the receiver from Dish Network. Is this normal for them to charge a leasing fee for an upgraded equipement? Btw, I own my old and trusted 3800 receiver, so leasing equipment from Dish Network is something new to me.

If you have more than one receiver, there is a fee for each additional receiver (the first receiver fee is included in the program package). If you lease the receiver it is called a lease fee. If you own the receiver it is called an additional receiver fee. It is $7 for HD receivers and $5 for SD receivers.

If you have more than one receiver, there is a fee for each additional receiver (the first receiver fee is included in the program package). If you lease the receiver it is called a lease fee. If you own the receiver it is called an additional receiver fee. It is $7 for HD receivers and $5 for SD receivers.

They will be replacing the old receiver (deactivated) with the new VIP 622, so it will only be 1 receiver total. Are you saying that I shouldn't be charged the $7.00 monthly fee then?

They will be replacing the old receiver (deactivated) with the new VIP 622, so it will only be 1 receiver total. Are you saying that I shouldn't be charged the $7.00 monthly fee then?

With only one receiver there should be no receiver lease fee of $7.00. As noted above, the first leased receiver is in the package price. You may need to argue with them over the fee. They have in the past foisted it upon existing subscribers if continuing with no contract commitment. Get it straightened out before you ever sign on the dotted line for the upgrade. They tried to pull it on me a couple years back when I went to HD and I simply referred them to the Dish web site page that said the lease fee for the first receiver is included in the package price and it was immediately straightened out.

With only one receiver there should be no receiver lease fee of $7.00. As noted above, the first leased receiver is in the package price. You may need to argue with them over the fee. They have in the past foisted it upon existing subscribers if continuing with no contract commitment. Get it straightened out before you ever sign on the dotted line for the upgrade. They tried to pull it on me a couple years back when I went to HD and I simply referred them to the Dish web site page that said the lease fee for the first receiver is included in the package price and it was immediately straightened out.

.........but I agreed to a 2yr commitment contract and they still want to milk me of $84/yr? They offered to waive i$7.00 lease fee for 2yrs, but when I call back I would insist on $7.00 indefinite waiver or I will sign with the competition. And you know, I have been a Dish Network customer for over a decade.:(

I've never heard of waiving the fee for 2 years. The web site says the first leased receiver fee is in the program package price and that's the way we are all charged with a few exceptions. Tell the CSR to go to this page and look at the second item.

Satellite TV Fees - Frequently Answered Questions - DISH Network

Maybe the CSR thinks you are continuing with the old receiver as well.

Laddyboy, thank you very much for that info and link. :DWho dare to say Satelliteguys is not the best!!! :up

Was this call from Dish Network or one of the local contractors. My brother got a call 2 nights ago, in the Los Angeles area, just like yours, only they identified them selves right away as the contractor who did his install. They told him about the same thing as you, but they said there would be no charge for the exchange and--get this--they wanted to take back the D44Plus switch they installed and give him 2 dishes for his system. They said the 2 dishes was better than the switch. Uh, yeah, right.

Was this call from Dish Network or one of the local contractors. My brother got a call 2 nights ago, in the Los Angeles area, just like yours, only they identified them selves right away as the contractor who did his install. They told him about the same thing as you, but they said there would be no charge for the exchange and--get this--they wanted to take back the D44Plus switch they installed and give him 2 dishes for his system. They said the 2 dishes was better than the switch. Uh, yeah, right.
:eek: OMG!!! I hope your brother didn't fall for that?.............

Anyway, I called Dish Network today, and got everything straightened out, even though they tried to stiff me with a one time $100 plus for the installation, and to that I said NO FREAKING WAY. :rant:The CSR, finally said oh, that was her mistake. :rolleyes:The installation will be free. The VIP Duo 622 will be free as I'm replacing my old receiver, but a 5.98 monthly fee for the DVR feature. A $5.00 fee if the receiver is not plugged into a phone line or internet cable. Installation will be this friday. I will check my bill in the next two weeks to make sure that there are no surprises.:)

sounds like someone trying to scam a switch from the custy...not cool..
The way it works in reality is if we do happen to install the second dish we MUST return any Dish Network parts for RA procedures. If not, Dish will not pay us(DNS Contractor) for the job.

They said the 2 dishes was better than the switch. Uh, yeah, right.

You will get a better signal from the 129 or 61.5 satellite if you have a dedicated dish. If you have a 1000.2lnb (3 eyes on dish, one unit) and a 44 switch you will have problems because the lnb has a switch built in and will fight with the 44 switch.

You will get a better signal from the 129 or 61.5 satellite if you have a dedicated dish. If you have a 1000.2lnb (3 eyes on dish, one unit) and a 44 switch you will have problems because the lnb has a switch built in and will fight with the 44 switch.
The 44 switch is unnecessary as the 1000.2 LNB has an input port to accomodate a wing dish

I spoke to Dish Network about upgrading my SD dual tuner DVR or a HD dual tuner DVR. I have one other tuner, which is an HD (non-dvr) tuner.

According to the website, the "Dish it Up" charge for a 722 should be $75 shipped or $125 installed. According to the SCR, the 722 has to be "installed" -- they won't ship it. She had no explanation for what the website said. I don't feel like paying an extra $50 for something I could do myself.

Has anyone had similar experiences? And has anyone had any luck getting these feees waived?

> And has anyone had any luck getting these feees waived?

You might incur a "fee waiver fee" (and maybe a customer loyalty fee) Dish Network fees should be handed out by the Progressive Insurance lady... would you like two big bags for all those fees or one really big bag?

I spoke to Dish Network about upgrading my SD dual tuner DVR or a HD dual tuner DVR. I have one other tuner, which is an HD (non-dvr) tuner.

According to the website, the "Dish it Up" charge for a 722 should be $75 shipped or $125 installed. According to the SCR, the 722 has to be "installed" -- they won't ship it. She had no explanation for what the website said. I don't feel like paying an extra $50 for something I could do myself.

Has anyone had similar experiences? And has anyone had any luck getting these feees waived?

Their computer doesn't give them a choice to ship the 722 because DISH wants to ensure you have an hd dish so a work order is necessary. You might try calling a retailer such as DishStore.

Ask to speak to a suprvisor and also refer them to what their website says.

Dish shipped me a 722 a year ago without any problems at all whatsoever. Maybe their policy as changed since then? They however would not ship me a DPP 1000.2 lnb, they said someone had to come out to do that.

Try another CSR..

Dish shipped me a 722 a year ago without any problems at all whatsoever. Maybe their policy as changed since then? They however would not ship me a DPP 1000.2 lnb, they said someone had to come out to do that.

Dish may be averse to sending EQ for upgrade because most of the time they end up sending a tech anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)