Dish Network Frustrations

ilkhoor

Original poster
Jan 31, 2006
First ordered Turbo HD and it was a good deal for the price. Then all new HD channels were not available to turbo hd package. Switched my package to the 200 Silver and now getting all HD channels. I wanted to put a dp301 receiver in my garage and the CS rep tells me I can't add that receiver because i have an eastern arc dish. I tell her I have a second dish pointing at 110/119. She tells me they cant activate it because its not on my account. I should have never went with the turbo hd in the first place. I just don't understand why they wont activate the reciever if I have another satellite dish and I now have a SD/HD package. :mad:

If you have an EA dish active it will not do you any good since the 301 will not work on EA. EA is has a newer transmission standard 8PSK that the old 301 will not be able to receive.

If you have an EA dish active it will not do you any good since the 301 will not work on EA. EA is has a newer transmission standard 8PSK that the old 301 will not be able to receive.

Actually, Eastern Arc is all MPEG-4, HD and SD. The ViP series of receivers are the only ones that will receive a MPEG-4. If the OP could obtain a ViP 222 or ViP 222K he could activate it with Eastern Arc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts