Dish Network HD in a RV

dbonney

Original poster
May 29, 2008
I would like to receive HD channels in my RV. Right now I am using a 510 receive with VuQube portable automatic satellite dish, with which I can now receive 110 and 119 without a problem. I plan on upgrading to a Vip722 DVR receiver. I also plan on installing a Winegard Travl'r to recdeive 110, 119 and 129. I realize I will not be able to get 129 in some areas on the east coast. Therefore, my questions are as follows:

1. Will I be able to receive satellites 129 and/or 61.5 with the Vuqube after I install the new receiver?

2. When I install the new receiver (722 Vip) and the Winegard Travl'r, can I use the VuQube to receive 61.5 at the same time I receive 110 and 119 on the Travel'r?

3. I'm thinking of installing the coax from the Travel'r to the coax already installed inthe RV. I believe I will need a switch here where the RV line and Travel'r line are connected. Will this work and what switch will I need.

4. If what I suggested in 1 thru 3 dosn't work, is there another way to accomplish this?

My goal is to be able to receive Dish Network Hd anywhere In the country.

Thanks for your help.

Dale Bonney

I would like to receive HD channels in my RV. Right now I am using a 510 receive with VuQube portable automatic satellite dish, with which I can now receive 110 and 119 without a problem. I plan on upgrading to a Vip722 DVR receiver. I also plan on installing a Winegard Travl'r to recdeive 110, 119 and 129. I realize I will not be able to get 129 in some areas on the east coast. Therefore, my questions are as follows:

1. Will I be able to receive satellites 129 and/or 61.5 with the Vuqube after I install the new receiver?

2. When I install the new receiver (722 Vip) and the Winegard Travl'r, can I use the VuQube to receive 61.5 at the same time I receive 110 and 119 on the Travel'r?

3. I'm thinking of installing the coax from the Travel'r to the coax already installed inthe RV. I believe I will need a switch here where the RV line and Travel'r line are connected. Will this work and what switch will I need.

4. If what I suggested in 1 thru 3 dosn't work, is there another way to accomplish this?

My goal is to be able to receive Dish Network Hd anywhere In the country.

Thanks for your help.

Dale Bonney

Dale,

The 722 has two Satellite tuners. Most Portable RV Dish Solutions can only lock onto one satellite at a time. Since both Tuners in all Dual Tuner Dish receivers require access to each and every orbital slot at one time most Portable RV Dish Solutions will NOT work with, 522, 625, 322, 612, 622, and 722 receivers.

The VuQube will definitely NOT work. The Winegard Traveler Rv Dish will work and you will NOT need to receive 61.5 as the Traveler Dish will receive 119, 110 and 129 (for the majority of the HD channels). Be aware that the satellite residing at 129 (Echostar V) was not designed for providing service from the 129 orbital slot as such its footprint is not viewable in certain parts of the country and or may have problems maintaining a reliable signal lock from 129 unless using a second Dish or Second over sized Dish for receiving 129.

As long as the Cable from the Dish to your receivers location is RG6 I believe the Traveler Dish will not require you to replace or run an additional cable. The Traveler RV Dish should have a built in Dish Pro Plus Switch so you can use a Dish Pro Plus Separator so you can connect both satellite tuners on a Dual Tuner receiver to the one Cable from the Traveler RV Dish, although I've been been unable to locate the Winegard's RV Traveler's Dish's Installation Guide to verify it has the Built-in DPP switch.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)