Dish Network Hopper/Joey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Revely1221

Original poster
Nov 2, 2018
Michigan
Revely1221 here,

In theory as an installer a significant amount of time is wasted on downloading Joey software. To the best guess or info you may have is there a way to download Joey software onto a thumb drive so it can inserted and downloaded directly from the Joey itself and quicker than having to wait on Moca to pick it up identify version and update or install . This would be so much more efficient if it could and save so much more time.
If I knew the format that would at least be a start. I do some coding but novice at best. Any ideas guys?

Reactions: pattykay
And also on downloading the Hopper software! Why can't they ship with this already installed?

The Hoppers usually come with relatively recent software but like Bobby said, it's the version at the time of manufacture. I update all Hoppers on the bench before they go to the customer's house. The Joey's don't take that long on site as long as you have a plan. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts