DISH NETWORK INTRODUCES ONLY ONLINE VIDEO PORTAL WITH LIVE TV INTEGRATION

Working on my Evo with Android 2.2 and flash 10. The higher quality videos stutter at times but it works, watching the goods right now on epix. Unfortunately Hulu videos are still blocked :(.
I am going to try with skyfire since they do sever side compression which should help.

Have the same issue as others with channels we have saying they need to upgrade, but the videos still play.

Btw, had it running on my laptop and phone with different shows running, so looks like multiple simultaneous logins is fine.

For those with android, tried it with skyfire, works much better in that browser, does not look as good, but smooth playback over wifi anyway.

Typical DISH...doesn't work. I subscribe to 250 with HBO and dishonline errors and says I need to upgrade. It does see my 722 and my 622 DVR but can't watch just see my recordings

Everytime I try going there today it takes me to beta.dishonline.com and tells me Whoops There has Been a problem....

Yep, that's what I get, too. Tried different computers, different browsers, emptied caches, got rid of all dish & sling cookies... Macs and PCs. From home. From work. Even rebooted my 722K.

Dish doesn't seem to have a very good track record when it comes to their website offerings, IMO. It just seems like everything is half-assed.

Video playback with Hulu (or, anyone using the hulu backend) works? Namely - they detect 64 bit versions of flash, and deny access!

Adobe pulled the 64-bit version of Flash for Linux due to some major security problems, so you may want to try 32-bit version of Flash via the nspluginwrapper... it's in the Ubuntu repositories. I'm running this on 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04 and Dish Online works great.

Unfortunately until Adobe releases a better 64-bit version of Flash for Linux , which they say they're making some major changes to, your best bet is the wrapper or gnash which I hear the latest version 0.8.8 works quiet well now though I haven't tried it yet.

Sam

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts