dish network is really beginning to suck!!! (Issue Resolved)

Just to clarify a few things. Activation Only accounts ARE FLEX (Pay-As-You-Go) Accounts, and you only have to pay for the first months service upfront. To qualify for these accounts, you must have your own equipment and it must be installed. These account do not qualify for any New Customer promotions as those are for accounts with a 24 month commitment and these Activation account do not have any commitment. This is not something that any CSR can do, they will only be able set you up with a regular DISH, leased equipment account. If the OP would like some assistance in finding out what his options are at this point, please PM a phone number where you can be contacted at so we can chat and I can explain what we can do for you. Thank you!

gotto said:
i don't know what there problem with doing an install on a 4th floor is the sales rep said they won't install from the 3rd floor up. and the sales reps told me everything from insurance reasons to eletical codes.

I'm a DNS Tech and have had installs 10+ stories up. That has never been an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Mary it is probably too late it sounds like he has already signed with Directv. I expect you will get a request to drop the ETF which is questionable if he was ever activated. I also won't be surprised to see his complaints in Directv forums because he didn't pass their credit check and dosen't want to pay Directv's $300 deposit

Mary it is probably too late it sounds like he has already signed with Directv. I expect you will get a request to drop the ETF which is questionable if he was ever activated.
Does not sound to me that he ever was. Can't figure out why in hell his parents bought the equipment for him. A lack of knowledge/research.

Mary it is probably too late it sounds like he has already signed with Directv. I expect you will get a request to drop the ETF which is questionable if he was ever activated. I also won't be surprised to see his complaints in Directv forums because he didn't pass their credit check and dosen't want to pay Directv's $300 deposit

I wish him the best. I hope he decides to sell the owned equipment instead of returning it.

Wow his replies were so confusing. Every install I have ever done in the last 8.5 years there was always an account number and I never left a install without first activating the receivers. I work for a couple of retailers and have never heard of an installer leaving before activation. To activate hoppers and joeys are more involved than a different receiver so it is hard for me to believe an installer would leave before activation. Sounds very fishy to me too. Now I got to go have a drink cuz my head hurts from trying to figure out what the OP was trying to do.

If gotto didn't communicate any better with Dish's csr than he did on this thread, I don't see how they could even help him. Most of us are not English teachers, but most of us do have enough communication skills to get our ideas across if we make an effort.

I've read every post in this thread and I'm still not clear on what happened. Most responses, even from knowledgeable folks, have been guesses at what is really going on.

If you want help, make a better effort to articulate your position................then proof read it a few times before posting.

The more I read over this thread the more it sounds bogus to me. I don't think anything the OP has said is real. The way he dodges even the most basic questions seems suspicious as well.

gotto said:
so i called dish yesturday and explained that i got a hopper for a birthday gift. so i'm on the phe phone with the rep and he told me theres a $200 dollar turn on fee :eek: plus the first month of programming. i can see paying the fisrt month of programming up front but not 200 dollars for them to turn it on just for them to push a few buttons and send the signal!! i got a free install when i got the system one hopper and one joey. so all i'm having to do is call em up and have em turn it on and send the signal but i refuse to pay 200 bucks for them to send a signal. id there any truth to this under an activations account?? if there is a 200 dollar turn on fee on top of the monthly programming i think id'e run like hell from this company!! or does it depend on what ring leader you talk to??

Dish Corporate = "Happy Birthday! Now bend over and assume the position."

Last edited:
The more I read over this thread the more it sounds bogus to me. I don't think anything the OP has said is real. The way he dodges even the most basic questions seems suspicious as well.
While there does seem to be some amount of bogusness, I don't think he was dodging as much as he was simply inarticulate and unable to communicate properly in written form.

Hmmm, Mary, that strikes as an odd response. Why not return it? Something we don't know?...again, with this guy.

This all strikes me as something illegal took place and quite possibly with the poster involved, not a victim....

well after speaking with julioo at dish customer service after they called me today. there not gonna lift the 200 dollar fee for activation and there gonna force me to take a flax pay account and not a regular activations account just because i choose not to be bound into a contract. now thats a good idea punish the consumer and nickle and dime em to death that must be how dish is getting there ratings so high. i called the installer and demanded a refund for my equitment and he gave it to me and came and got everything and nicely explained that he was supposed to call and activate it for me now that i went through all this i dont think i would trust eathier one of em. i went back to direct with no problems. and the reason i chose not to be bound by a contract is i leave the country 7 at a time sometimes and i could just cancell my service and reinstate it when i come back to the us nothing wrong with that. but 200 dollars for and activation fee is just total Bullsh!t in my book i can see 50 bucks max but not 200 bucks. and the system was bought strait from one of there ratailers and not from dish i found that out after the fact.

yep that 200 dollars was on top of the one months of service . all dish network does is screw the customers!!

Sounds like you had a mess of confusion from the start. You have to understand that Dish or Direct will not let you activate any equipment for free with promos unless you do it under a lease promotion and sign a 24 month contract. For customers that know they will only have service for a short period they require you to do a flex account which is pay as you go. It makes perfect business sense and is not meant to screw the customer over. I'm not really sure what the $200 fee was for. If the equipment was purchased you should only have to pay the activation fee which $99 or $149, can't remember.

i have exellent credit thanks just some of us would like to be able to turn our service off at our summer homes because we won't be needing it and i do leave the country as well for months at a time. and iv'e had direct since it was two seperate companies when ussb was around. now what makes more since to pay 300 bucks for service or 558 for a hopper and a joey plus 200 bucks just to be under no contract. and directv took me back with no problems. and i do have two accounts with em one for my summer house and one for my main residence as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)