DISH Network launching HD Locals in 7 more cities/DMAs

Question for anyone with: DVR 622 + OTA HD Locals + Sat HD Locals;
How does the guide work as far as the OTA and Sat HD Locals. I'm assuming (hoping) that you can see/access/record both OTA and Sat HD locals. Is this the case?[/QUOTE]

Not a problem so far, E* has to rectify mapping of the HD locals before this could become a problem. OTA HD shows -01, -02 ect. E* supplied HD locals are in the 6300's and sd's as -00. By the way the HD's in the 6300 range do not display HD anywhere in listing, so unknowing customers may not know that they are the HD networks.

Thanks for the info, garys. With any luck, they won't screw this up when they get around to mapping the Sat HD Locals down to the "broadcast" channel numbers (if they ever do).

Hi Scott,
What are the locals that will be launched for Mlps.?? All of them PBS, CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, UPN, WB, and KSTC-sports 45? Have you heard? This is earlier than we thought, we thought it was March 15th-16th, will it really happen tomorrow? We have received no emails from Dish directly. Any info you have is great! Thanks!

johnstred said:
Any ideas about when Dallas is due? It is high on the list, but based on this release, cities lower on the market list are getting a priority...

I was told several weeks ago that DFW was going to be coming in April... a local retailer seemed pretty confident, but I sure wouldn't hold my breath based on that!! As Juan pointed out, DFW is big enough to support both services. :)

Just looked at my guide and am receiving three new denver channels on 6330, 6331,6333 looks like CBS, ABC, and Fox, hopefully NBC will come in later. No mention of HD in the info or guide and there are now shows currently in HD to find out, but these numbers have not been there before today.

This is with a vip622 and dish 1000 110-119-129

Its a good day :)

Does anyone hear the big sucking sound out of Denver? D* subs will jumping ship to E* since Denver has almost no OTA. E* will beat D* by 2 months on this one.

Whoever gave D* the keys to the Kingdom sure didn't tell them what to do with them.

sbacchus said:
is atlanta still 129 only? hoping against hope....

Yes, any word on ATL...61.5 or 129??!!
Not that I can see them anyway.

Well be glad when they add Oklahoma City. But this is a good sign that they are gettting the local HD going in the right direction. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts