Dish Network Login

zippyfrog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 27, 2007
Chicago, IL
Does anyone else on the forum use T-Mobile 5g Home internet as their ISP? I switched over to it last month and really like it. But I have noticed some quirkiness with it over the last couple of days, and one of the things is I can't login to mydish account. It allows me to login and I can see my information for a split second, but then i get kicked to https://my.dish.com/login?overlayEncodedUri=/account/programming and am in this endless login loop. I tried in Edge, Chrome, both in normal and incognito mode, same result.

However, I still have my AT&T DSL internet, and if I unplug T-Mobile and plug in AT&T, without even refreshing the page, I am able to get in to mydish by logging in normal. So I know it isn't a cookie or something like that - it is T-Mobile.

Curious if anyone else has T-Mobile Home Internet and is experiencing this.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hello Zippy;
I think I know the answer! You are probably using a VPN that is somehow blocking you.

I also use TMo Internet gateway (to cell phone towers).

While I am typing this I am on my HP Chromebook. As you probably know, Chromebook uses Chrome browser. I have Nord vpn as an add-on with the browser. Nordvpn occasionally blocks certain web sites (even with my Windows based laptops with Nordvpn). If you change settings within Nordvpn and allow certain web sites this connection issue goes away.

I clicked the link (Chromebook) for mydish you provided and a new tap opened. As you experienced the loop kept going with blank page! I temporarily paused Nordvpn and tried again. Dish site opened right away. I entered user name and password. The site showed my package.

I ran into this problem in the past with Redbox web site, too. The Chrome browser refused to open (with Nordvpn on) to reserve (rent) physical dvds from kiosks. I tweaked the Nordvpn setting to allow it. It worked.

If you have free or paid vpn, turn it off and try again.

I forgot to mention. I had AT&T's homebase for wireless Internet prior to T-Mo. It worked fine.But, the data limit was 250 GB/month.
It also had occasional clashes with vpn. You can try to allow MyDish web site with TMo settings (on your pc.)
I am mentioning this in case you don't use vpn.

Does anyone else on the forum use T-Mobile 5g Home internet as their ISP? I switched over to it last month and really like it. But I have noticed some quirkiness with it over the last couple of days, and one of the things is I can't login to mydish account. It allows me to login and I can see my information for a split second, but then i get kicked to https://my.dish.com/login?overlayEncodedUri=/account/programming and am in this endless login loop. I tried in Edge, Chrome, both in normal and incognito mode, same result.

However, I still have my AT&T DSL internet, and if I unplug T-Mobile and plug in AT&T, without even refreshing the page, I am able to get in to mydish by logging in normal. So I know it isn't a cookie or something like that - it is T-Mobile.

Curious if anyone else has T-Mobile Home Internet and is experiencing this.
I have noticed the same problem. I can login using Dish Wireless, but not TMO home internet. This started a month or so ago. I am not using a VPN.

Reactions: zippyfrog
I have noticed the same problem. I can login using Dish Wireless, but not TMO home internet. This started a month or so ago. I am not using a VPN.
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I didn't have a VPN running, but I closed out of the program anyway. I allowed all cookies for dish and 3rd party cookies, cleared out the cache, tried incognito mode, but on my T-Mobile internet I get kicked back to the login page again. But as soon as I switch to my AT&T internet it works no problem. reubenray thank you for confirming that you are experiencing the same thing as me.

Have you tried browsers on your smartphone or tablet to visit my.dish.com? Still blocked?
I wonder whether or not unplugging then plugging back your TMo can might help.

I just tried it with my VPN enabled and with it disabled. Both logins were successful. So its not a VPN issue. T-Mobile does some odd things with IP addresses. Check your assigned IP address and see if it corresponds to your location. If not, that may be an issue.

I'm on Verizon LTE HOME Internet and have the same problem. I noticed this about a month ago. I've been with Verizon internet since November 2021, so this problem is very recent.
I can log in on the Dish app but if I try on the website I get kicked back to the sign in page over and over.
I can get in on my laptop but not on my phone. Strange

I remember having similiar issues with few web sites in the past (with AT&T and later TMo). Not often. Not all the Internet browsers act the same way. I use four for this reason.
Zippyfrog; can you try several you don't currently use to test? IMHO, Brave browser always works and it is pretty fast.

I remember having similiar issues with few web sites in the past (with AT&T and later TMo). Not often. Not all the Internet browsers act the same way. I use four for this reason.
Zippyfrog; can you try several you don't currently use to test? IMHO, Brave browser always works and it is pretty fast.
I have never heard of Brave, but I just downloaded it and tried to login to Dish and get the same result. When I am connected to T-Mobile, I get kicked out. But if I change my wireless network to be my AT&T connection, I get in no problem.

I just checked and if I use Cloudfare Warp I can login with TMO. I use this when on Dish to go into the Disney+ website. Your speeds will drastically slow down, but you will be able to login to Dish.
I just tried this as well and was able to get in to the Dish website on T-Mobile! It works on both my Chrome and the Brave browser I downloaded. I don't know what this Cloudflare Warp thing is, but it did something to the connection that is positive.

If I turn it off, as soon as I log in I get kicked back out. So it is something with T-Mobile. But the Cloudflare Warp seems to work.

Sorry to hear that. It is so strange that this is not a problem for all TMo users. Are you using Windows 10 or 11?
I was curious with Reubenray's suggestion, too. Did some search. it seems to work like VPN. maybe, that's the solution for you.

Sorry to hear that. It is so strange that this is not a problem for all TMo users. Are you using Windows 10 or 11?
I was curious with Reubenray's suggestion, too. Did some search. it seems to work like VPN. maybe, that's the solution for you.
It is Windows 10. it is very bizarre. I wonder if it has to do with my T-Mobile IP address. This issue goes away when I use Cloudflare and AT&T, which when I switch to those connections, my IP address changes.

It is Windows 10. it is very bizarre. I wonder if it has to do with my T-Mobile IP address. This issue goes away when I use Cloudflare and AT&T, which when I switch to those connections, my IP address changes.
Is your IP address in the same geographic location as your house? At times my T-Mobile issued IP address is more than 300 miles from where I live. Can you login to dishanywhere.com? That should work if the IP address location is a problem, because, well 'anywhere'. If it works, it may well be that the Dish website is comparing your service location with your IP address and preventing the connection. No idea why they'd do that.

Is your IP address in the same geographic location as your house? At times my T-Mobile issued IP address is more than 300 miles from where I live. Can you login to dishanywhere.com? That should work if the IP address location is a problem, because, well 'anywhere'. If it works, it may well be that the Dish website is comparing your service location with your IP address and preventing the connection. No idea why they'd do that.
Not always. Sometimes it is a Chicago area IP address, but I have had times it has been in West Virginia. I actually was able to log into DishAnywhere.com with no problem and watch the streams of the channels there. However, if I go to mydish and any of the account information pages, it loads for a split second then kicks me out. So strange on T-Mobile.

One thing I did do was do a blacklist lookup of my most recent IP addresses on T-Mobile and they have been on blacklists. Would that have any impact on it, or are blacklists only for email purposes?

Not always. Sometimes it is a Chicago area IP address, but I have had times it has been in West Virginia. I actually was able to log into DishAnywhere.com with no problem and watch the streams of the channels there. However, if I go to mydish and any of the account information pages, it loads for a split second then kicks me out. So strange on T-Mobile.

One thing I did do was do a blacklist lookup of my most recent IP addresses on T-Mobile and they have been on blacklists. Would that have any impact on it, or are blacklists only for email purposes?
I think you've isolated the problem. If you check the T-Mobile Home Internet discussion boards you will find numerous problems with the way they assign IP addresses. And of course, unlike some other ISPs they do not offer a static IP address. There are a couple of work arounds. You could just use your phone (with Wi-Fi turned off) to access Dish. Or you could get a VPN, which of course would cost you money and be overkill for just this problem.

And to answer your question, yes many sites utilize those blacklists to block access. That is also a problem VPN users have. Its because with shared IP addresses a couple of bad actors can get a whole range of IP addresses blocked. But unlike a VPN which allows you to switch servers and thus change your IP address, you're stuck with what T-Mobile assigns.

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I really do think it is an IP address thing. I just tried and I was able to login to Dish with no problem on T-Mobile with no VPN or anything.