DIsh Network Olympic Info

So what is the deal on Dish Olympic HD coverage. I am a bit confused. What channel will it be on and I am in SoCal. Will I get it? I assume it will be the same as the NBC-HD OTA feed.

Now I'm a bit confused. (This can happen quite easily) I thought the only HD that NBC was going to broadcast was on this speacial NBCHD channel. I just checked my local listings and according to them I'm going to be getting HD on my digital OTA. Did I just hit the lottery?

To clarify things, NBC is doing one HD feed that will be broadcast by local stations on their HD channels and also on a national satellite feed available to Dish, Direct and Voom. It's 8 hours of taped-delayed coverage repeated twice to fill 24-hour per days of HD.

NBC Showcase now working on my 322. Sysinfo used to have sw vers 15x yesterday, today shows 190. Showcase is really cool. I wonder when Dish will provide this as a user-configurable feature for any 6 channels. :)

Thanks Dish! Way cool.

Why is E* gonna have the same NBCHD feed at 2 channel locations? people who subscribe to E* HD package will expect to find it with the rest of the HD channels

Pepper said:
Such a feat would probably require a six-tuner box.
Absolutely; that's why it takes a dual-tuner unit (522 single mode, 721, or 921) to get PIP. Even if Dish Home could get around that (it can't), the best you could possibly do (thanks to satellite switching) is access two full birds--and that's ONLY on a dual-tuner unit with two "regular" DishPro (NOT legacy or DishPro Plus) feeds; no other system can "see" more than one full bird at a time. Legacy single-tuner systems "see" only 1/2 a bird!

To see where SimpleSimon got his information, look for channel 9910 at www.dishchannelchart.com (you can't get it on your E* receiver, only on MPEG2 FTA systems--for now). Click on the SAP link to see the language each channel's audio is mapped to. The Dish Home app draws the yellow box around the current screen, picks and plays the proper SAP channel, handles remote commands, switches to the regular channel for full-screen video, and displays messages (such as the "triggers" and the error message if you press an invalid key in full-screen mode).

Scott Greczkowski said:
The HD channel will not be turned on until 8pm Friday night.

No one will see it until then.

I wish Dish would put up a graphic on the screen and open up the channel, I am sure this HD Olympics is causing lots of calls which could be avoided if they just turned the channel on now.
So basically no one will know for sure if they're going to get it until it's too late to do anything about it ? The opening ceremonies (to me anyway) is one of the events I'd most like to see in HD.

Can one call Dish today before the scheduled start of the HD channel and find out if they will receive it ? I can imagine once it starts, they'll be a slew of calls to Dish and no one will get through.

If one already has the analog distant NBC (out of NY), wouldn't that automatically qualify them for the temporary NBC HD channel or is that a seperate qualification proceedure ?

WaltinVt

thats the problem that im runnin into... i get distance locals out of denver and chicago and dish is telling me no cauz you actually have to live in the dma... (thinking about changing the address on my accout for the next few days) no one knows till its up.. oh yea its 904 am mtn time and still no hd olympics

gl9500 said:
That's too bad, cuz it sure makes a great demo!

I'll wager there's a market for pre-defined showcase channels: news, sports, etc. For example, it would be cool to see CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, CNBC, Bloomberg, ESPN ;-) all on one showcase.

So far the only thing I don't like about this NBC Showcase is that after 5 or 10 minutes of not touching the remote, an automatic "Press SELECT to Continue" screensaver comes on. That bites.

So now the NBC Olympic channel is in the guide but it says coverage won't start until 1am!!! So, to watch the Opening Ceremonies in HD, you can watch your local NBC-HD station at 9 (Which I don't have access to) or you can wait for the first of inumerable replays starting at 1am. Yuckk.

OK. I got the 9425 Channel in my guide but when I choose the channel it says "This program have been blacked out in your area". I'm living in Puerto Rico. Should I be able to receive the HD feed down here?

Here we have a local channel "Telemundo" that is an NBC affiliate but they don't have HD at the moment.

I think I will not have the Olympics in HD :no

-mylo

Well I guess that's it then. Distant people do not get the olympics. Only the eligible areas. And the 1 o clock start time sucks as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts