Dish Network on the Grammy's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Did anyone see the Dish Network ad last night on the Grammys?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCQQZPz71Rk"]YouTube- Celebrity Endorsements on DISH Network and DirecTV Commercial[/ame]

(If the video dont work click on the link in the player) :)

I think they forgot a few.

We also throw better parties. Not my fault Charlie cant bring on the star power. Maybe if he had a certain football package that every celeb with way too much money has.

Dish and Direct can go back and forth with these silly commericals...

Doest matter if your go with Directv or Dish network either way your sol.

That's why most of our rates went up. :D

I think with dish new pricing it hurts loyal long term customer more then it does newer customers

As for ages if you wanted a dual tuner dvr you got a 522/625 /622/722 and put i in single tv mode Most of my dish dvrs are 2 tv 2 tuner boxes as that as the only option before the likes of the 612 and other dual tuner single tv boxes.

So this price increase will in my opinion make the olde more loyal customers prices go up while making customer in the last say 18 months bill go down. Or customer who did not heavly in vest into dish dvrs for years.

The changes really have no effect on most people, the only ones it really hurts are us hardcore SatelliteGuys with 6 HD DVR's and the Everything Pack.

But for everyone else their bill stays the same or goes up a buck or two. Again its just the hard core folks.

The changes really have no effect on most people, the only ones it really hurts are us hardcore SatelliteGuys with 6 HD DVR's and the Everything Pack.

But for everyone else their bill stays the same or goes up a buck or two. Again its just the hard core folks.

No I had 3 recievers and mine went way up based on current pricing

But again I was not paying a phone line connection fee ( waived as a long term customer )

On my estimated bill by the ceo staff My bill would of gone up by 12 dollars in total for no changes at all.

Some of these is ecause they did away with some fees where were waived for the most part for me and now gone... Whic has had a negative impact on my bill

I still standing buy the changes will do more hurt to long time customers then good. But Dish like Directv probably figures well they are going to bounce between them and direct every 2 years like most people here.

So like I said most will go down but alot more then what we think will go up.

Scott trust me it more people with 6 hddvrs then tyou think. They are not on this board, but I seen residental accounts with dtv with 12 -14 recivers most of them hr2x boxes. And I come accross one like that 2 or 3 times a month which means there plenty of them out there considering I am one supervisor among about 500. So if Directv has a healthy supply of overly rich people, I am sure Dish does too and they be milking those customers dry.

So Dish says DirecTV rates are higher because they have to pay all these celeb's for their ad's. They've also said that DirecTV has to pay for all those high priced sports subscription packages. DirecTV has also gone out and spent money on original programming that Dish doesn't have, like Friday Night Lights.

With all those expenses why is it that on many packages when you start to add on all the extra fees there isn't that big of a price difference between the two providers?

Which is what I have been saying since you announced it here. But since bob seems to drown everyone out and highjacks just about every thread...
90+% of the subs at dish aren't going to have a problem with this because they have one or two receivers...

I think that they are slapping Frank Caliendo in the face with the "No expensive celebrities" line. (True it is Frank Caliendo, but he is still a celebrity.)

Didn't they even have him on a Charlie Chat once?

I believe Frank was two or three years ago, and the ad states last year, so no slap as far as I see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)