Dish Network onboard yachts

Oceanguy

Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
South FL
Please could someone assist me with some info on Dish Network. I work with Private yachts and we use seatel stabilized dishes with 1 LNB. We have always used Directv, because it is the only service that has a full lineup of channels on a single bird. It was brought to my attention recently that Dish Network has a full Channel lineup at 61.5W of HD Programming. I checked lyngsat and downloaded a full transponder lineup and noticed that the local networks were only under spot beam. Please could someone give me any info on what networks NBC etc are available if any in South Florida on 61.5W? Are NY Locals available on a Conus beam? Also will the new receiver work if it can only see one satellite or will it lock up and get no channel guide? Thank you for your time....

Where in Florida? Cannot answer the Florida local question without a specific location as most are on spot. A lot of the HD channels are on 61.5 but several are on 110. NY HD locals on 61.5 are spot beams, they do have the 6 major networks as sd on CONUS on 119. With one dish you will not get any full package lineup.

I am in the Miami area, I wanted to see if I can get NBC/ ABC / CBS/ FOX in this area from the 61.5 beam even if its in SD? Do you know which sat has the Guide Data?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)