DISH NETWORK OR DTV IN PANAMA, CENTRAL AMERICA

hcarrizo

Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Panama City, Panama
Hello, I am new in this and have basically no knowledge on satellites.

I live in Panama, Central America and I currently have a satellite dish on my building which is connected to my Direct TV (puerto rico) receiver. I cant complain because here in Panama you just get the local stations. No networks, no US ESPNS, everything is latino version which is not for me (ESPN, HBO, SHOWTIME, etc). For people who want the real deal they need to go outside the region.

Now, unfortunately Im moving to a new building and I have no idea what type of dish I should buy. My interest are basically to be able to watch the chanels a person in Miami can watch on DTV or Dish. I dont know which is better, but a friend told me a couple of weeks ago that he was trying to get the Dish Network receiver for Miami and hook it up to a satellite dish. Apparently the small dishes dont work in Panama because its far down south. My questions are:

1. What type of satellite Dish gives me the best shot of grabbing the US channels. If it can be a small compact size, better. If not, I will have to settle for a big one.

2. Is it compicated to order a dish network receiver from Miami or a Direct TV receiver from Miami?

I have been able to buy a DTV receiver from Puerto Rico and it gets the job done only by having my 4 ESPNS and the networks, but Miami would be even better because no crappy ads during the super bowl!!!

Thank you very much for the help!!!

I live in Costa Rica and have a 2.8 metre dish. It gets all the channels on 119 at night but only some of the odd transponders in the day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts