Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
g3 repacement card

:)only use my prepaid dish when my son stays with me for visitation, and they said i should have my new g3 card within 5 working days. said it would be no charge, but they didn't mention any thing about a $40 card. either with or without the card, who cares.. its free and no more questions was asked.

lsk33:D

I went to add a couple of days this evening and was promptly dumped to CSR who informed me the prepaid system (add days, activate new cards, etc.) was down and to try back in the morning.

No that is not true you can only use a 301 or 311.

Actually, the above is incorrect as well, for now.

Dish has only been using refurbished DP301's for prepaid service. They discontinued using the 3900, and have yet to use the DP311's for a prepaid refurshed box. Yet.

The DP311 will be the next one(most likely), when something replaces it.

I was able to order 1 day of HBO, at around 7:10pm EST tonight.

I have my new G3 smartcard up and running, after a 3-4 day ordeal.

But I was able to add the new programming using a GDMP.

If you have an old (not G3) card and have not ordered a card then you need to let the system transfer you to a rep and go through the process of ordering a card. After ordering the G3 card the system will let days be added.

My typical reaction to being transferred to a representative is to hang up...

I was able to order cards for each of my two receivers in one call - the rep was only mildly confused and provided an RA number when I asked how I'd know which card will go where.

Last edited:
Well, I talked with CSR and they wouldn't send me a new card without the reciever telling me it needed to be replaced. So, I have no tv due to it not letting me add days and I don't have a new card coming because they wont send me one. DISH NETWORK SUCKS!!!!

This info is incorrect, did you call the prepaid number? Everyone is getting the new card now, even those that have no purchased programming. Keep calling.

Try channel 884 CCTVE if the rep is requiring that you have a message onscreen.

I called to add days. Gave GDMP number and receiver number then was transferred to a rep. She said the system would not let me add days until a card order was in their system. Proceeded with card order via rep. After ordering the cards I called back and was able to add days via the automated system.

System down ?

Tached , what card did you have?
I just called to add days and was told the system is still down. Rep told me the only ones that is able to place an order is the ones that are actavating a new
G-3 card. When thay added the massage for the G-3 card actavation something went wrong and they have not yet found it. I have always had a
G-3 card and it worked great up till yesterday. Will someone that has had a
G-3 card for sometime call to add days and see if you can , and what you are told ?

Tached , what card did you have?

My current cards are shown in the attached photo. Both look the same aside from the smartcard number and barcode (not seen in photo).

Neither had active programming when I tried to add days. I successfully added programming around 1am eastern 4/4/2009 after ordering G3 cards via the rep.

Attachments

• orange-dishnow.jpg
    orange-dishnow.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 114
Currently on hold with the CSR after getting the code from channel 884 and he is looking up info, now he has transfered me to the "prepaid support team" the message is in spanish as I hold...and hold....and hold...and hold...and hold...and hold...and hold...and hold. Hung up after 10 minutes. Called # to add more days, dumped me to CSR and being on hold again with the spanish message playing...on hold....on hold...on hold...(been another 10 minutes) ...on hold...on hold...on hold...finally someone took my info and said they will ship a card out. Make sure you have an hour to burn when you start the process. What a joke!

4 hours and waiting

I am expecting my new SmartCard “soon” having requested it 3/30. When I tried to order a day of HBO today I was redirected to a couple of CSRs. The first took my information then put me on hold, after a bit a different person picked up and took my information again including my address and old smartcard number. She then said that it would be a while because she was directing the request to someone else to manually activate. Its been over four hours, and I have missed the movie I wanted to watch.

The most frustrating part of this is that I bought this system less than a month ago with an outdated card.

- Scott

SURPRISE , SURPRISE

:) I was able to add days thru the automated system. BUT and it's a BIG BUT , the only way was to get my existing G-3 card reactivated. The rep. ask for my receiver #, and my card #, and then my name and address. I ask why the name, and I was told it was required to activate the card. I told her the card was activated and I was transfered to a teck. He informed me that ALL existing G-3 cards has tobe reactivated with the NAME & ADDRESS of the owner tobe able to add days with the automated system. Wright or wrong I am back up and running after 5 minutes of giving him the required info. Will see the next time I call if every thing go's O.K.:)

He informed me that ALL existing G-3 cards has tobe reactivated with the NAME & ADDRESS of the owner tobe able to add days with the automated system.

I hope this means accurate blackouts, regional sports networks and maybe locals are forthcoming for DishNow. I suspect it is only for additional tracking.

I hope this means accurate blackouts, regional sports networks and maybe locals are forthcoming for DishNow. I suspect it is only for additional tracking.

I hope it will be for the additional programming you mentined, but I think your second thought is probably more accurate.

Also, to maybe send out customers like us more advertising to go from prepaid to regular monthly subscribers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)