Dish Network Prepaid Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
List of Prepaid International Channels?

Hello all,

Have been following this thread since it started and people have mentioned international channels.

Where is the complete list of international channels offered on Prepaid?

So far, I have found only the following (compiled from various sources):
1. Brazil Mini-Pak (RPTI & Globo)
2. Hindi (SET & ZeeTV)
3. Pakistani (Geo & ARY)
4. Chinese (Great Wall of China?)
5. Various Spanish programming ?
6. Arabic (channels?)

This list may or not be accurate.

What about RAItalia (RAI International) --channel 600 or 601---- is this available as Prepaid?

Dish CSR says no, but was unable to give me a complete list. Has anyone tried to order this particular channel on a Prepaid system?

EKB: DishNOW! Pre-Paid

ARABIC ENHANCED PACK
AL JAZEERA, AL ZIKR, ART AMERICA, ART MOVIES, ART MUSIC, ESC-1, LBC, MBC

For Spanish package comparisons visit:
http://www.dishlatino.com/ select Programación, select Paquetes Básicos.

You can also call prepaid number 1-888-347-4132 select other options, then package descriptions.

Chinese is not available on prepaid other than the CCTV channels that are part of the core packages.
Itailian is also not available. They should add RAI and TV Japan to prepaid disnow, I think they would be big sellers.

Last edited:
question on dish must it be dish 500

can you use any dish with the approved receiver or must it be dish 500.

i would like to use my current kingdome dome satellite antenna.

gerry

If the lnb is compatible with 119 or 110 dbs freqs then it should act just like a dish 300 aimed at one or the other of the satellites. You just wont be able to get both satellites simultaniously.

Only one left?

Am I the only one left still having problems getting a new G3 SmartCard. I have been trying for over a month with no luck.

Full story at SIRNtech.wordpress.com

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue?

- Scott

Am I the only one left still having problems getting a new G3 SmartCard. I have been trying for over a month with no luck.

Full story at SIRNtech.wordpress.com

Any suggestions on what I can do to resolve this issue?

- Scott

i suggest you call them again, tell them you need to get a new smart card replacement, they will take down your info, phone number and address.
basically they need to set up an account for you in order forthem to send you new access card...just tell them you need for them to setup an account in order fro you tog et the new smart card replacement...

Thanks Guys,

Thanks Guys,
After reading all 18 pages of this thread I decided to try prepaid DN. I ordered the $99.00 package from Sadoun and I purchased $20 dollars worth of Green Dot Money card from Wal-Mart. The dish and receiver arrived today and I set it up and locked in both satellites with a strong signal. (All of the above cost is less then one month of my cable service)

I used the prepaid Dish phone number and went through the first time activation and was transferred to the Spanish speaking call center in Texas. The young lady set me up with the minimum amount of information. I was transferred back to the automated system and ordered 3 days of Starz and 3 days of Classic gold 250. Once again thank you all, you provided great information, it all went smoothly. :up
Mike Lib

GDM is the way to go

Thanks Guys,
After reading all 18 pages of this thread I decided to try prepaid DN. I ordered the $99.00 package from Sadoun and I purchased $20 dollars worth of Green Dot Money card from Wal-Mart. The dish and receiver arrived today and I set it up and locked in both satellites with a strong signal. (All of the above cost is less then one month of my cable service)

I used the prepaid Dish phone number and went through the first time activation and was transferred to the Spanish speaking call center in Texas. The young lady set me up with the minimum amount of information. I was transferred back to the automated system and ordered 3 days of Starz and 3 days of Classic gold 250. Once again thank you all, you provided great information, it all went smoothly. :up
Mike Lib
Yes, I was mildly interested in the pre-paid system when I thought all you could do was the $40 Dish Now cards from RS, but when I read about the Green Dot Moneypak way of doing it on this Forum I was sold. Thanks SatGuys, and all who have added to this thread.

Ok, I`ve been living under a log for the last few months. Completely forgot about the card swap. The last time I used my prepaid receiver was last fall.
Can I still get a new card? Do I call the 800 # and give my info? What info do I need? I will turn on the receiver later today and see what message it says?

I've got the dish and the new receiver in place. I also just bought a greenpak. Do I still need to call greendot or go to the website, or can I just call dish straight away.

Oh, also. Which number on the receipt is the moneypak number? I've got two numbers under the MoneyPak portion of my receipt - one six digit number and one eight digit number with a dash. There were no big number lists similar to that showed on the greendot website.

look for a 14 digit number, on walmart receipts it is at the bottom after activation

At other places the pin is on the cardboard moneypak

Ok, I`ve been living under a log for the last few months. Completely forgot about the card swap. The last time I used my prepaid receiver was last fall.
Can I still get a new card? Do I call the 800 # and give my info? What info do I need? I will turn on the receiver later today and see what message it says?

Ok hopefully I can still call to swap card. But now the problem is I am out of the country and I will have to get my wife to call. I need to now exactly what the agent will ask for (name, address, current card #, receiver #, etc..) Wish my wife luck?
And one more question, do I currently need programming running on my receiver to get a new card or could I just wait to hopefully get the new card and then add programming?

Last edited:
MoneyPak

Picked up a MoneyPak from Walgreens.
Which number do I use?
On the MoneyPak card, the bottom on the back is "MONEYPAK NUMBER xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxx (19 digits)
OR
The receipt from the store does not say "activation", it only has as RFN# xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx (20 digits)

I am reading that the activation number needed when you call DISH is 14 digits.

OneGigabyte and lukasat:

Here is a link describing where to find the number you need to use with the automated phone system on the GreenDot MoneyPak:

https://www.moneypak.com/Pages/PartnerDetailsDISHPrepaid.aspx

ONLY a WalMart Receipt will have an "ACTIVATION NUMBER" printed on the receipt.

RiteAid, Walgreens, Eckerd, etc... the number you need is located on the BOTTOM of the GreenDot MoneyPak Card itself. STILL KEEP THE RECEIPT ANYWAY(this is good rule of thumb).

But it is my understanding that only WalMart prints an "Activation Number" on the receipt while other places don't.

I have not been able to find out if ANY network is available with the prepay system. My wife likes many programs, mostly on ABC, some on CBS and without them, I might as well not have a tv at all.
At this point, I don't care if it's east, west, local or not, just a network...

Tom

I have not been able to find out if ANY network is available with the prepay system. My wife likes many programs, mostly on ABC, some on CBS and without them, I might as well not have a tv at all.
At this point, I don't care if it's east, west, local or not, just a network...

Tom

You have no OTA at all? Investing in a roof mounted antenna might be better.
Or you could consider an inexpensive FTA system pointed at 123°W for ABC/FOX.
Or a 6 foot C-Band at 99°W for most of the networks. All SD, but $0/month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.