DISH Network Price Change

Outrageous stuff, especially for T250 subscribers like myself. Instead of giving value to customers who choose their best packages, what do Dish do? They increase everything to $5 p/m, basically telling their "valued customers": "We don't care about you or whether or not you're happy. We don't care about improving our position as perennial no. 2 of the 2 DTH services in America. All we want is some grub, and we'll take it from you. " Sure fine then, DirecTV, here I come!

Yeah, because DTV really cares about you, and only has your best interest at heart! :rolleyes:

Is there any truth to the rumor that one year from now, there will be a $156.00 cancellation fee for Starz?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you got a 20% raise since January 2008, during the worst economic period in this country since the Great Depression? That's how much my Top200 has gone up, not including the additional $6 DVR fee that I must pay now vs. then (DVR Advantage).

Disgusting.

Last edited:
What HASN'T went up ?

Since Jan 2008? Average incomes and investment values have not gone up. They are DOWN. So how/why has Dish done a 20% rate hike (more if you include +$6 DVR fee) on me in three years?

Did you not understand my point, or are you trying to be a Dish apologist?

Since Jan 2008? Average incomes and investment values have not gone up. They are DOWN. So how/why has Dish done a 20% rate hike (more if you include +$6 DVR fee) on me in three years?

No one is making you have Dish. No one is making you subscribe. If you don't like it then might I suggest cancelling and going to a provider that hasn't raised rates since Jan. 2008!

No one is making you have Dish. No one is making you subscribe. If you don't like it then might I suggest cancelling and going to a provider that hasn't raised rates since Jan. 2008!

So you are all good with companies raising prices at a drastically higher pace than the broad economy can support? I should just go back to rabbit ears if my income doesn't keep pace with perpetual 8% annualized rate increases on everything, right? I might suggest you consider the social outcome if we all lie down and accept this sort of thing as "normal business practice". It's not sustainable. See Egypt.

And no one else has raised their rates? I have TW super basic cable with internet and my rates have gone up twice in less than 6 months. If you don't like it, try finding another provider that will grantee their current rates for 2 years.

And no one else has raised their rates? I have TW super basic cable with internet and my rates have gone up twice in less than 6 months. If you don't like it, try finding another provider that will grantee their current rates for 2 years.

Really? Nobody on here is going to give me an Amen? You are all OK with getting fleeced by Dish just because "everybody else is doing it"? I've been a Dish customer for 11 consecutive years because Charlie used to be better than that.

I guess you're all absolutely right. They are no better than anybody else now. The difference is this makes me disappointed in Dish, whereas you all seem to be fine with the fleecing you've taken. Guaranteeing your rate for two years just after a 20% hike is no great feat. I'll take that deal all day long if my employer ever offers it.

Jarrod said:
I guess I'd have to be an apologist for A LOT of companies then, huh? Or is Dish the only company that's raised rates?

I guess I'd have to be an apologist for A LOT of companies then, huh? Or is Dish the only company that's raised rates?

I'll repeat: I've been a Dish customer for 11 consecutive years because Charlie used to be better than that. I'm disappointed in them, and "everybody else is doing it" is no excuse. It's not ethical, not financially sustainable, and I won't apologize for Dish or any other company that engages in such a practice.

Really? Nobody on here is going to give me an Amen? .

No. Your sounding like a cry baby. AS I said, no one is forcing you to stay with Dish. Life is life. Price increases are usually rounded out to even numbers. If you don't like it, go find another proveder you can complain about.

dwarren2 said:
No. Your sounding like a cry baby. AS I said, no one is forcing you to stay with Dish. Life is life. Price increases are usually rounded out to even numbers. If you don't like it, go find another proveder you can complain about.

Yeah. Go with Direct tv. They are 100 times better than Dish crap network. There is no comparison for real. Plus you won't have to deal with a bunch of dish network cry babies lol. Just way better all around. That's why we are SO much bigger. Dish is no longer even a thorn in our side. I made the switch 2yrs ago and now have no idea why I was ever with that loser dish company. Don't let these Dish lovers fool you, Dish is crap all around. No need to reply while you all are Bit$@in I'll be enjoying my D* tv... ;)

Name calling doesn't bother me. And the fact that you guys selectively quote my posts and don't address the meat of my argument just marginalizes your opinion. I've been a Dish customer for a very long time, and I'm telling you that this company has lost its way in a self-destructive game of one-upmanship on pricing with DTV and the cable providers. It's not sustainable, and they are all giving Netflix an opportunity to eat their lunch because of it. I've clearly stated my opinions and I'm done with this thread. Good luck.

Last edited:
Speaking of Netflix, I tried it out for the first time via the 'watch instantly' option and I'd pretty good. I hear a lot of talk about it and it's a worth while option in my mind now-a-days.

Jarrod - maybe you aren't getting an 'amen' because many people switched in the past weeks and aren't following this anymore. Tomorrow I get my D* install and I'm looking forward to it.

...you all seem to be fine with the fleecing you've taken...
I'm no apologist, but it's not fleecing if you willingly give your money to any company for a non essential service. Nobody's happy about the increase, but it is what it is. Until the entire country votes with their pocketbooks what is acceptable with all providers, nothing will ever change, except, of course, higher rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts