DISH Network Price Change

you do understand that the $5 doesn't just go to pay for channels, right? You do know that it costs Dish $$ to keep the lights on, sats in the air, employee salaries, health insurance, property taxes, R&D, etc, right? You do know that just because you don't like a channel, a plethora of Dish customers do like that channel, right? You do know that Dish couldn't care less whether you watch Starz at all over the next 12 months, right? You do know that Charlie and Candy are married and spell their last name the same, right? You do know that you you don't have to send a bloody cent to Dish at all, right? You do know that you can walk away and subscribe to a different company that only carries those 15 channels you watch, that never raises their rates, and never offers free stuff to piss you off, right?

If you put it that way, why don't you, then? Go find a provider that gives you EVERYTHING you want. Good luck with that. :p

Why linger here and bring everyone down with you by flaming the service in the first place, anyway?

If you put it that way, why don't you, then? Go find a provider that gives you EVERYTHING you want. Good luck with that. :p

Why linger here and bring everyone down with you by flaming the service in the first place, anyway?

I think your the one who is off base. He's not complying. He's responding to the whiners who ARE complaining about the price increase. He's just pointing out what the price increase covers. I'd much rather have a price increase and maintain programing rather than the ever shrinking package size in the grocery store. Remember when a can of coffee was actual a pound!

Seriously dude, did you even read what I wrote? How about the post I was commenting on, did you read that one and get confused? Cause it sure seems that way!

Actually guys, there's a non-proactive offer that Dish Network agents have whenever you call and speak with an agent. Just tell them that you don't want any free premium movie package or ppv certificates and for them to just give you the $5 discount for 12 months offer. It'll appear as a LOYALTY OFFER in your bill, but hey, a $5 discount is a $5 discount. Can't dispute that, right? ;)

That's the offer I got earlier this month. Keeps my old rate for another year at least.

....... I'd much rather have a price increase and maintain programing rather than the ever shrinking package size in the grocery store. Remember when a can of coffee was actual a pound!

Ain't it the truth. I got unhappy over the smaller OJ, and then hearing the manu said people preferred a smaller container to a price increase. Anybody believe that? Then I REALLY got upset when they made tuna cans smaller. Now THAT messes up recipes.

I have also notify by the local office. I think new price is not be a problem for the people like me. I spend minimum 6 hours a day watching their channel. So, I think I am getting much more than what I am paying for.

This price increase put me from $140 a month to over $150 a month by needing to have 2 accounts in two homes. Mine and my moms so I left them and dumped pay tv all together. How can they not be loosing customers in tough times to be raising prices?:confused:

This price increase put me from $140 a month to over $150 a month by needing to have 2 accounts in two homes. Mine and my moms so I left them and dumped pay tv all together. How can they not be loosing customers in tough times to be raising prices?:confused:
Show me one provider that hasn't raised their prices this year. Its not just a DISH Network thing. DIRECTV did, cable did...

Its not just a TV thing, have you filled up your gas tank lately? How about gone grocery shopping? Seen the prices on staples such as milk, bread and eggs?

Sign of the times unfortunately.

How can they not be loosing customers in tough times to be raising prices?:confused:
They are losing customers. What amazes me is that DirecTV raised prises too, but gained hundreds of thousands of new customers anyhow. Everybody is charging what the market will bear, and not enough of us are leaving to enforce some discipline. I thank you for doing your part. :)

They are losing customers. What amazes me is that DirecTV raised prises too, but gained hundreds of thousands of new customers anyhow. Everybody is charging what the market will bear, and not enough of us are leaving to enforce some discipline. I thank you for doing your part. :)

After 2 years when the "special deal" ends that's when they will experience"sticker shock".:eek::rant:

Well either dish or ups screwed up the return box tracking number says it was left on porch. I was home all day no one ever knocked. Now I have to contact dish I am at work I can't believe the ups driver would leave it on the porch. I live in an apartment ups always leaves packages in the managers office they must have sent to the wrong address. I verified my address twice on the chat too sigh.

Show me one provider that hasn't raised their prices this year. Its not just a DISH Network thing. DIRECTV did, cable did...

Its not just a TV thing, have you filled up your gas tank lately? How about gone grocery shopping? Seen the prices on staples such as milk, bread and eggs?

Sign of the times unfortunately.

Everything is going up except our paychecks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)