DISH Network Price Change

I was having a couple beers with a friend of mine who works for Dish and he said that there was a big company meeting and they were told during that meeting that those who are eligible for the Starz, it will automatically start up overnight on the 1st and then will automatically shut off when the run is done next year.

I was having a couple beers with a friend of mine who works for Dish and he said that there was a big company meeting and they were told during that meeting that those who are eligible for the Starz, it will automatically start up overnight on the 1st and then will automatically shut off when the run is done next year.

That would be nice of them to do. The automatic stop will also put those at ease without having to cancel a free trial period of a premium. I always hated that and would cancel a day before time because I did not want any of those charges.

And the Platinum package?

And the Platinum package?

Here's what Scott posted on page 19.

The free offer will be Starz...free for one year; no call in to get it, it's automatic. If you already have Starz...you will get the Encore package (yes there is a separate package). If you already have Starz and Encore...you will get the HD Platinum package free for 12 months. If you already have all three (Starz, Encore & HD Platinum) OR if you have Starz, Encore and SD programming...you will get 6 free PPV coupons on the consumer web site. All of these offers will be automatically added to accounts and at the end of 12 months they will automatically drop off. No calling in to add or to cancel.

Scott

The free offer will be Starz...free for one year; no call in to get it, it's automatic. If you already have Starz...you will get the Encore package (yes there is a separate package). If you already have Starz and Encore...you will get the HD Platinum package free for 12 months. If you already have all three (Starz, Encore & HD Platinum) OR if you have Starz, Encore and SD programming...you will get 6 free PPV coupons on the consumer web site. All of these offers will be automatically added to accounts and at the end of 12 months they will automatically drop off. No calling in to add or to cancel.

Scott

Yes but the mystery remains: What if you already have the 3 months free Starz Promo? Will they still extend your Starz for 1 year or will they give you Encore? I am still wondering if you need to call in and drop the Starz free promo if you want to avoid getting Encore for 12 months instead of Starz???

What customers qualify for a 1 year premium? Do you need a committment? If you are Flex and signed up for 24 month committment for HD for Life, do you get the 12 month Premium?

Where are the Dish reps that float around this forum? Someone has to know...

Scott

Yes, and I have everything and don't want 6 ppv coupons...I'd prefer to get one of the ones I have free for a year...but it sounds like I need to drop one of them before the end of the month to get it back free for a year...but so far no one has been able to clarify if that'll work or not...

Yes, and I have everything and don't want 6 ppv coupons...I'd prefer to get one of the ones I have free for a year...but it sounds like I need to drop one of them before the end of the month to get it back free for a year...but so far no one has been able to clarify if that'll work or not...

so if you want it for free for a year, then just drop the friggn' channels.

so if you want it for free for a year, then just drop the friggn' channels.

Unfortunately, no one has confirmed whether or not you have to have not had the package for at least a month in order to get it free for a year. For example: when they had the Cinemax for a penny promo, you couldn't get it if you'd previously had Cinemax for something like a month or two prior to requesting the Cinemax deal (which no longer is in effect).

Given that, and the track-record of CSRs not exactly having all the facts, how do I know if that I drop the Platinum package on the 31st, that I'll get it back for free the next day? 229 posts in this thread and that question (which I've asked previously) still remains a mystery...

it's obvious if you don't drop it,
you WILL only get the PPVs.
So I would drop it a few days before the 1st.
Then at least you have grounds for making them give you a free year of it,
if doesn't come back automaticly.

Yes but the mystery remains: What if you already have the 3 months free Starz Promo? Will they still extend your Starz for 1 year or will they give you Encore? I am still wondering if you need to call in and drop the Starz free promo if you want to avoid getting Encore for 12 months instead of Starz???

What customers qualify for a 1 year premium? Do you need a committment? If you are Flex and signed up for 24 month committment for HD for Life, do you get the 12 month Premium?

Where are the Dish reps that float around this forum? Someone has to know...

As long, as you have Top 120 or higher, you will get it, no commitment, flex and non flex, will get the 30 year anniversary gift. And, when we asked during training about if someone drops Starz do they get the gift, no clear answer, I would say if you drop it do it now if you want to get the Starz for free, because it is already being set up, the computer system is getting ready to add over 10 million customers free programing for a year. Of course, this is my first post so, take it as a grain of salt, just a CSR here.

Last edited:
As long, as you have Top 120 or higher, you will get it, no commitment, flex and non flex, will get the 30 year anniversary gift. And, when we asked during training about if someone drops Starz do they get the gift, no clear answer, I would say if you drop it do it now if you want to get the Starz for free, because it is already being set up, the computer system is getting ready to add over 10 million customers free programing for a year. Of course, this is my first post so, take it as a grain of salt, just a CSR here.

Thank you for the info! :)

I would bet that if you do not like what happens on Feb 1st (i.e. you dropped plat or starz and got PPV coupons) you could complain to the executive team and they would straiten it out for you. I am sure there are going to be a few people that will need fixing.

I wonder what will happen to those of us still fortunate enough to have the penny Cinemax? They just charged me another penny for another year on my January bill so I guess I am still technically a Cinemax subscriber. I also have the 3 month Starz promo.

Ok so I have:

America's Everything Pak $99.99
HD Solo Receiver $7.00
DVR Service $6.00
HD 250 Free $0.00
HD Platinum $10.00
Service Plan (15/0) $6.00

Monthly Charges $128.99

So as I understand it, I can simply remove the HD Platinum that is $10.00 on Jan 31st and then on Feb 1st it will be automatically added back with no charge for 12 months?

Jay

I wonder what will happen to those of us still fortunate enough to have the penny Cinemax? They just charged me another penny for another year on my January bill so I guess I am still technically a Cinemax subscriber. I also have the 3 month Starz promo.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm glad you're still getting the Cinemax Penny Deal, it just amazes me how Dish has cut it off on some saying that promo is over, and yet they keep renewing on others. But I'm learning that how Dish rolls, as they say.

Ghpr13:confused::)

Hardly matters. To many of us, that penny was just about what Cinemax was worth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)